13

Eudora woke up with a different attitude. Or at-least she tried.

Once waking up before dawn, she brushed her teeth and got dressed at a slower pace than average. Every time she'd think she got out of the funk, the image of the little girl limp in her arms, bloodied and tortured, she has to calm herself down.

Like now as Eudora was braiding her dark auburn hair into two Dutch braids, she felt heavy and just stared at her reflection.

Her hazel eyes looked to be a blend of all the colors that make up nature. Some days they'd be more green than the previous where they're change blue.

It's something her mother told her when she was younger. That at first she was worried at the color change. But Brachial apparently suggested it's the swarm of powers that stirred in her coming to the surface. They can reflect her moods sometimes.

When her eyes are a little more green than anything she knows it's related to the life force she took from the males a couple of days ago.

She never liked the feeling of being the interconnection between the afterlife. Her mother is able to step into the place where souls are placed, but Eudora can't do it.

But there's some times she wish she could. Wished that the afterlife would accept her as it has done her mother being the Entity.

Finishing the braid Eudora settled the wide tooth comb down on the dresser and sighed. She tilted her back looking up at the wooden roof and closed her eyes.

Why am I here?

Eudora asked that question knowing the answer. It's just a form of motivation that keeps her mind focused on the goal. But this time a new sense of desperation came from within.

If the Luna knew how to defend herself, maybe she had a chance. Or maybe not.

But Eudora knew damn well that five large males overpowering someone wouldn't have done much. But... what if it did?

It's the if that reeled her away from a conclusion. No one knows what could of happened. But she knew by the face of the High Lord and Lady when she'd informed them about what happened, this used to be a frequent occurrence.

Wing clipping?

The disturbing flash of the sliced wings from Luna broke to the surface making Eudora upturn her features. Her stomach turned over from disgust and something sparked a light of rage.

That practice is disgusting. Who could of even thought about doing something as torturous to a child.

Interrupting her thoughts Eudora flinched from a loud bang that came from the room beside her.

This place she stayed in was disgusting. It reeked of sex and the air felt rotten.

But oddly enough the interior of her room was nice. Nothing luxurious but it had a large bed. Kitchen. And private clean bathroom.

Another loud bang followed by a moan made Eudora roll her eyes.

"It can't be that good.", Eudora mumbled beneath her breath as she stood from her seat and stretched. The leathers she wore hugging her skin after having to tailor it as always.