4

50 years later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Separate your feet."

The nine year old listened. Along with the dozen other girls ranging from nine to twelve years of age listened. Her voice amplified across the multiple terrains as all of them followed in sync with her demands.

Eudora paced up and down the three platforms ensuring that all of them held the same stance. There was one little girl at the second platform whose feet were still too close together that may leave her unstable during a true fight.

Everyone watched as Eudora ducked under the protective rope.

"Feet apart Tamia", Eudora hums and nudges the girl's knees. Tamia is the youngest girl that Eudora accepted to be enlisted in her training.

It was Sage who came to Eudora initially about one of the children within the orphanage who's been distant from the other kids. She was hoping Eudora, out of all fae , could help her out of her shell.

She knows only a little of her story. Tamia was dropped in front of the orphanage with no name and no more than a few days old. Her features clearly show resemblance to the winter court. Eudora takes her as a child not planned, or a younger fae mistakenly getting pregnant. That's the case with many of the children within the orphanage and she sympathizes on their behalf.

So of course she welcomes them with open arms to do something outside of the orphanage and interact with each other.

The little girl looked up with white eyes, making her dark eyelashes that much more prominent. She nodded, still just as quiet as when she started joining the bi-weekly training sessions a month ago.

Eudora smiled and stepped back to look over her stance again. "Good..", she says softly and hops back over the barrier to be in the line of sight for all the girls. They awaited her instructions, keeping their flat feet.

It's only been a few months since Eudora started her program. Remembering her dreams to be as strong as the soldiers that make up the summer court armies, she wanted to give those opportunities to the fae younger than her. The girls who didn't have anyone to train her as her own father and mother were willing to.

There was a lot of back and forth between her and Tarquin that she had to deal with in regards to the culture that fae males have to females training, but with a little nagging and convincing that it's for self-defense purposes only, she was able to start it up.

It's the first project she's started on her own without the assistance of her mother. And she feels pride knowing that not only was she able to establish it, but earn a support system.

The males that have known her growing up working under her grandfather's armies were the first to suggest their daughters to train. And so the numbers accumulated enough so that Eudora has had the mothers ask if she was willing to train them.

So an all female training ground is in the works. The first one throughout prythians with full support from the high lord.

"Alright..", Eudora clapped her hands together, "Now look at your partner and... give them a fist bump."

A few of the girls obeyed, while the remainder looked to her like she was crazy. Eudora giggled and placed her hands on her hips, "Trust me.." she mused.