9

Hewn City?

This place was nothing like Velaris. And when Eudora first stepped into the city masked by a mountaintop, she already missed the sky. The sun, the clouds, moon, stars, whatever celestial star she craved it. At least if she was able to look up, there'd be some form of physical escape.

Who knew that a city could thrive and work within the inner carvings of a mountain. She crossed streets and bridges, clearly lost as to where she was suppose to be looking for. She assumed there'd be a grand sign that says the High Lord would be here, fae discussing him, but instead all she got since stepping foot into the city was dirty looks, cat-calls, and someone asking if they can pay her for a blow-job.

She washed up before coming her but, the air itself felt like it packed on three layers of dirt across her exposed skin. Eudora dressed properly, a blue dress that stopped as her ankles, but she underestimated how much she'd stand out.

It's not as if she was scared, she was uncomfortable. She's hardly ran into fae who'd treat her with such disrespect. Along the mountain walls there were disturbing carvings of figures that she could hardly make out. The only source of light for the entire city was just that of faelights, not enough to lit the path.

"Excuse me?", Eudora stepped up to a vender who looked to be selling fruit. They had dull green skin and yellow eyes, but that's not what made Eudora heed her approach. It was the scowl that was permanetely plastered on their face. They looked over her with a interesting gaze, not even bothering look up past her breast.

So Eudora bent at her knees to match their face not accepting the inapporpriate stare. As for the fae that cat called her and asked for a blow-she let that wash over her, but three times is her limit.

"Hi..", she wore a fake smile, "I was wondering if you can point me towards the-."

"Take a left at the interesecting avenue and keep straight.", the vendor said. But Eudora was ready to protest as she didn't finish her question but they had pulled the curtains of their stand in, whipping her loose hair all about.

Eudora rolled her eyes and stood straight again. She brushed her hair back to his neat style and followed their directions. It was her only lead as to finding the castle and when she saw it, it was definiteley a contrast to the gloomy nature of the rest of the city. As she approached, some of the far on each side of her stared her down, whispering like they've never seen someone outside of their realm before.

The towering gates of the castle held an animalistic design. Curving into beasts attacking, their fangs out. Others were devouring each other while between the ridges vines twisted with moonflowers. Unpleasant, but an outlet to leaving this terrible city behind.

She thought about what Orestes and Silas were saying about the other realms of the Night Court and this was living up to what they were trying to warn her about. Why was this place such a drastic change from the beautiful city of Velaris. And why were the fae living within these mountains willing choosing to stay.

If it were up to Eudora, she's never chose to be blocked from the sky. At the head of the gates, Eudora could make out two guards stationed on either side. Finally some fae with sense and authority, she thought.

"Hello.", she says, "I have a scheduled meeting with the High Lord.", she says with hope in her voice that this will be different from the encounters she had with all the other fae within this city.