5

Before joining Orestes and Silas on her yearly venture to the Night Court for Solstice. Eudora stopped by home to gather her belongings.

It's a small waterfront on the same island her mother settled on years ago. When she moved out, Eudroa knew she didn't want to venture far from her parents. Loving them dearly, she proposed that instead of living in the house with them, Eudora would build her own space.

With the assistance of her father and sometimes Orestes and Silas would visit, she now called this place home.

She winnowed in front of the brown door. Breathing out a sigh of relief, she stretched her neck and her limbs knowing that the night was far ahead of her.

Eudora looked up behind her at the tall mountain where her parent's cabin was. The sun beamed bright behind it, as she blocked the harsh impact and put a hand to her forehead. Her long hair whipped in the breeze being carried by the sea as she released a sigh of relief.

Her parents weren't home.

Good. On a day like winter solstice, she typically avoids her parents.

Yes she was grown, but that didn't take away from the fact that she's grown the habit of sneaking to the Night Court for solstice every year. Eventually it became second nature to just avoid any sort of conversation or even the topic of winter solstice so her guilt doesn't form a hole in her stomach.

Once understanding that, she walked into her home, immediately struck with the smell from the breakfast she had earlier.

On the counter top of the polished kitchen was the remaining cinnamon rolls she fixed. Eudora paused on her way to the one bedroom in the house and leaned over the dish, chewing on the sweet treat.

It gave her a perfect view of the vast ocean. The waves were rather intense. As if they too were preparing for the festivities taking place in the winter and night court. She took in the sounds of the moving waters, taking in another soothing.

To think it was those very waters, she dangerously jumped into when she was a child still to this day surprises her. At the memory of almost drowning twice, she chuckled as she recalled Barachiel having to force the water to spit her back out.

Nonetheless, she tried again until she was swimming in the sea routinely.

Even now she was debating if she had time to swim before having to leave and meet Silas and Orestes in the Winter Court.

Knowing Orestes, she was already out of time.

Since the first time going to the Night Court with the brothers, Eudora became their partner. While she used to be just another person in the crowd cheering them on, she's become a feature. Sometimes playing the lyre for citizens of the Night Court.

Soon enough, word got around. While the brothers used to play with their father, he unfortunately passed due to a sickness, Eudora filled in the loss of a member to their group. Not only enhancing her relationship with the pair, but also earning a lot of buzz.

So what once was her joining on a melody or two, she became a part of the performance. Whether it be playing the lyre or humming a melody.

It became tradition. Their local spot in which they used to perform, turned into a small pub where plenty of fae gather at with an open roof to enjoy the night with their soft alluring mix.