2

Eudora made it back in time for dinner. She walked into her home sitting on top of the island's only hills and her mouth watered at the lovely scent of herbs and spices. She wasted no time to kick off her shoes bee-line to the kitchen and wrap her arms around her mothers leg.

"Hi baby.", her mother greeted and wrapped an arm around her back as she stirred a pot with the other hand. "How was the Winter Court?"

Eudora smiled, spilling about every detail from her visit. Not leaving out the incident in the river, making her laugh and then the boys playing the instruments. This in turn moves on to a tangent about how she's picked up a new found interest.

"I want to learn to play the lyre.", she says as her mother gives her a spoonful of the seasoned rice.

"Oh really?", her mother laughed.

"Mhmm", Eudora ate the spoonful and chewed through her next words, "And Father is going to teach me."

Another laugh escaped from her mother. The male of the hour comes out during the perfect time.

"I'm doing what?", he mumbled, He was fresh from the shower, his auburn hair tied up in a bun with a towel on his shoulder. He rounded the island of the kitchen and first wrapped his arms around his wife peppering her with kisses. She groaned from how he continued and Eudora giggled at their interaction.

"Lucien..", her mother stressed and pushed him off but that did nothing but encourage him further. Eudora watched with a smile as her parents bantered playfully.

She interrupted by jumping on her father's back, "You're going to teach me how to play the lyre..."

He huffed at the sudden impact, backing away from her mother. Eudora had his full attention as he adjusted her to be comfortable and held her arms that wrapped around his neck, "And what makes you think I know how to play a lyre."

"Learn.", her mother turned from the stove and cupped his face to kiss him.

"I guess i'm learning.", he said more like a trance spelled from the kiss. Eudora was thrilled by the news and cheered. She then started to explain to him about her time at the Winter court, this time including the small show she witnessed. It was only when she seemed to start another tyrant about her falling into the river was when her father interrupted her. "Princess?"

"Yes?" Eudora stopped catching her breath.

"Why don't you go clean up and you can tell me the rest during dinner."

Eudora scrambled off of her father and did as told. She came out just in time as Sage was starting to fill her plate. The family gathered around the table and fell into conversation, Eudora was elated to tell her father about the incident that landed her knee deep into the freezing pond. Finding no issue to blame the cause on Barachiel.

"It's Winter Solstice.", she started scraping the bottom of her plate for the few grains of rice left.

"It is.", Sage took the plate from her and filled it up with another serving of rice. "I assume they are celebrating already?"

"Mhmm", Eudora bounced in her seat, she was happy that her mother already knew what was going on, so her next question would not be out of range.