𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

As much as it seems like you own my heartIt's astronomy, we're two worlds apart

It's astronomy, we're two worlds apart

𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲, conan gray

They made it a hundred feet before they were hopelessly lost.

The tunnel looked nothing like the one Percy and Selene had stumbled into before. Now it was round like a sewer, constructed of red brick with ironbarred portholes ever ten feet. Percy shined a light through one of the portholes out of curiosity, but they couldn't see anything. It opened into infinite darkness. Selene thought she heard voices on the other side, but it may have been just the cold wind.

Suddenly, a faint buzzing sound caught Selene's attention, and her hand instinctively shot to the back of her ear. It felt as though a searing hot metal had been pressed against her skin, like the branding of cattle on a farm. Within moments, the sensation vanished, leaving behind only a lingering itchiness. Glancing around, she searched any sign that someone had noticed, but to her relief, no one had.

Annabeth tried her best to guide them. She had this idea that we should stick to the left wall.

"If we keep one hand on the left wall and follow it," she said, "we should be able to find our way out again by reversing course."

Unfortunately, as soon as she said that, the left wall disappeared. They found themselves in the middle of a circular chamber with eight tunnels leading out, and no idea how they'd gotten there.

"Um, which way did we come in?" Grover said nervously.

"From the right," Selene pointed. Then, she put a little more thought into it, "Um, maybe left..."

"Just turn around," Annabeth said.

They each turned toward a different tunnel. It was ridiculous. None of them could decide which way led back to camp.

"Left walls are mean," Tyson said. "Which way now?"

"Selene, can you locate yourself using the moon position?" Annabeth asked her.

"Do you see any moon around us, Annabeth?"

Annabeth sighed, and then swept her flashlight beam over the archways of the eight tunnels. As far as Selene could tell, they were identical. "That way," she said.

"How do you know?" Percy asked.

"Deductive reasoning."

Selene chuckled, "Too many syllables to say you're just guessing."

"Oh shut up, you two freaks."

The tunnel she'd chosen narrowed quickly. The walls turned to gray cement, and the ceiling got so low that pretty soon they were hunching over. Tyson was forced to crawl.