𝐗𝐈

The next morning after breakfast, Percy and Selene told Grover about their dream

The next morning after breakfast, Percy and Selene told Grover about their dream. They sat in the meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. The nymphs had promised to kiss the satyrs if they got caught, but they hardly ever did. Usually the nymph would let the satyr get up a full head of steam, then she'd turn into a snow-covered tree and the poor satyr would slam into it headfirst and get a pile of snow dumped on him.

Selene didn't think much of how she had to sneak out of Percy's cabin before anyone else woke—and the Apollo kids were, um, early birds. She also finally took a shower from the bathrooms right outside the Cabin's circle, and stole a 'CAMP HALF-BLOOD' shirt from Percy that was too oversized on her.

When they told Grover about their exact same nightmare, he started twirling his finger in his shaggy leg fur.

"A cave ceiling collapsed on her?" he asked.

"Yeah. What the heck does that mean?"

Grover shook his head. "I don't know. But after what Zoe dreamed—"

Selene narrowed her eyes, "Zoe also had this dream?"

"I... I don't know, exactly. About three in the morning she came to the Big House and demanded to talk to Chiron. She looked really panicked."

"Wait, how do you know this?" Percy asked.

Grover blushed. "I was sort of camped outside the Artemis cabin."

"What for?" Selene raised one of her eyebrows.

"Just to be, you know, near them."

"Cool," Selene whispered. "You're a stalker with hooves."

Percy added with a smirk, "Did you also serenade them with your flute?"

Grover's blush deepened. "Well, uh, maybe once or twice... Anyway, I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. She got real upset when Argus wouldn't let her in. It was kind of a dangerous scene."

Selene tried to imagine that. Argus was the head of security for camp—a big blond dude with eyes all over his body. She hadn't seen him yet, only heard some of Annabeth and Percy's stories about him. Zoe—well, the girl is a beast. She wouldn't want to place bets on a fight between him and Zoe Nightshade.

"What did she say?" Percy asked.

Grover grimaced. "Well, she starts talking really old-fashioned when she gets upset, so it was kind of hard to understand. But something about Artemis being in trouble and needing the Hunters. And then she called Argus a boil-brained lout... I think that's a bad thing. And then he called her—"

"Oh no..." Selene muttered. "Artemis told me about perhaps needing me to answer when she calls. Maybe she was foreshadowing something..."

"Whoa, wait, guys. How could Artemis be in trouble?"