𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

He laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her faceShe loves how he talks late at night, when there's no one else to sayHow she's beautiful and funny and smart like nothin' he's ever seenHe's good to her and she wants it more than ever...

She loves how he talks late at night, when there's no one else to say
How she's beautiful and funny and smart like nothin' he's ever seen
He's good to her and she wants it more than everything in between

𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧, gracie abrams

"You're just gonna sit there all night?" Percy called out, already swimming away towards the shore. "Last one to touch the sand is a rotten egg!"

"Wait, what?" she shook her head. "That's unfair!"

"Can't hear you!" Percy called back, his laughter trailing behind him as he surged forward, leaving Selene to scramble after him.

With a triumphant grin, he stood at the water's edge, arms crossed over his chest, watching Selene's valiant but increasingly desperate strokes.

"Having a bit of trouble there?"

When she finally reached him, she leaped out of the water and ran in his direction.

"You kelp-covered noodle!"

Caught off guard, Percy stumbled backward as she shoved him towards the sandy beach. They both tumbled onto the sand in a heap of laughter and tangled limbs.

"Ouch, that's a new one," Percy said, sprawled out on the sand and gazing up at the sky. "Kelp-covered noodle."

Selene sat beside him, looking around. "Think anyone will notice us coming out of the water all dried up?"

Percy shook his head, still fixated on the moon. "Nah. We're just background noise for them. Not even extras."

Selene lay beside Percy, feeling the soft sand beneath her. The crashing of the waves filled her ears, soothing and calming. She looked up at the stars shining in the night sky. In the distance, she could hear snippets of conversations, laughter, and distant music, blending with the sound of the sea.

Percy turned his head slightly to her side, "You know there's probably a layer of poop beneath us, right?"

"Shut up, Perce."

"...just saying."

Percy's eyes widened as he quickly scrambled to his feet, pointing excitedly at the water. "Selene, look! Dolphins!"

Selene's face lit up as she sprang to her feet, her eyes widening. "Oh my! Let's go greet them!"

She began to take off her cardigan, turning to Percy. "Help me with it."

He hesitated for a moment before responding. "Um, why?"

"I don't want to swim in clothes."

"But you did before."