𝐈𝐗

Nothing they told her could describe how pretty Camp Half-Blood was

Frost covered the chariot track and the strawberry fields. The cabins were decorated with tiny flickering lights, like Christmas lights, except they seemed to be balls of real fire. More lights glowed in the woods and a fire flickered in the attic window of a very big house.

"Whoa," Nico said as he climbed out of the van. "Is that a climbing wall?" 

"Yeah," Percy replied.

"What's that?"

"The cabins for the campers. If they don't know who your Olympian parent is, they put you in the Hermes cabin-that brown one over there-until you're determined. Then, once they know, they put you in your dad or mom's group."

Nico looked back at Selene in awe. "You... have a cabin?"

But she didn't hear him. When Selene climbed out of the van, she could feel how Artemis' Mimosa tea made an effect. She turned to the side and just threw up again.

"Can gods vomit?" Nico pointed at her.

Wiping the corner of her mouth, Selene leaned back and faced the group. However, upon rising, the first thing she saw was Percy's hand extended to her, even though he kept his gaze away.

"Grabbed some paper towels. Thought you'd need more," he casually mentioned without turning to look at her.

Selene took the paper towels, mustering a weak smile. "Thanks," she murmured.

Percy turned to Nico, completely ignoring her. "Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoe, have you met—"

"I know Chiron," Zoe said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered. 

"We know the way." 

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and came up still talking—"like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

The Hunters shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins. As Bianca di Angelo was leaving, she leaned over and whispered something in her brother's ear. She looked at him for an answer, but Nico just scowled and turned away. 

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the Hunters. He winked at Percy. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy. I'll see you soon."

"Artemis said we'd speak to Chiron," Selene looked at him. "Shouldn't you come?"

Apollo shrugged with an apologetic grin. "I totally would! But... I fear one of my girlfriends just invited me for a luau in Maui, so..."

"You're not seriously ditching me, are you?"