𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

After returning from the other side of the world in fifteen minutes, Percy climbed the pier all dried

Selene wasn't as lucky.

Percy reached out his hand to help Selene climb up the pier. She was all wet, and as she emerged, shivers raced through her body in the freezing cold. After putting his shirt on, he handed her his coat.

Selene shook her head. "Nah, I'm good." Her voice was even crackling. 

"Yea, 'cause I'm so looking forward seeing you sick."

"That's quite impossible, but I'll take your coat anyways then."

Walking back to the Big House together, Percy noticed that Selene, despite wearing his coat, was still shivering from the cold. In response, Percy drew her closer, his arm gently encircling her, as they walked through the moonlit path. Apparently, the demigod-eating harpies were on Christmas' break, so they didn't really care about sneaking around past midnight.

She couldn't brush away the sweet little smile playing on her lips. Selene wanted to go back and swim with the fish again. She wanted to go even deeper through the ocean, play with the sharks, find a wail, swim with the dolphins... There was so much she wanted to do.

When they reached the porch, she turned to him, "Next time when?"

Percy chuckled. "When we come back from our quest."

"We? Our?"

He shut his eyes tightly. "I talked to my mom and... Mene, don't kill me... She told me I should decide whether or not I'd do something about it. And I need to go."

Selene remained silent for a while, her mind racing with a hundred different scenarios to keep him from leaving. Yet, after a while, she quietly gave up. Percy had been a hero long before they crossed paths. It was in his nature. She couldn't try to talk him out of it.

"Okay."

It wasn't actually okay. She was terrified for him. She thought of:

1. handcuffs;

2. iron handcuffs?

3. rope;

But it didn't matter, as none of it would be able to stop him. Selene was older but she wasn't his mom—and if Sally herself told him to choose, then she respected it.

He shook his head. "Um, what?"

"It's okay," her eyes were lowered. "I know how Annabelle is important to you..."

"Annabeth."

"...just don't do anything stupid."

"I can't help it. Everything I do is lowkey stupid."