Sixth Interlude

SIXTH INTERLUDE

Across Terra Para, deep within the fractal manifold

With renewed Determination, I raised the Power within me, and took stock of the condition of my Crusade. Gazing through my Inner Perceptions, I saw the sad state of matters: I had lost control over the Reality Vortex, my Revenant were beaten and scattered in disarray, and my very Life was on the brink of Death.

All of this was Irrelevant.

With a single Thought I restored my connection to the Vortex; Distance made it Tenuous, and its Effects were Irreversible, yet it would not Grow any longer, until I bade it so. Then, I sent a Message to my Holy Heralds, so they should Gather under my radiant Banner, bolstering the fires of my Crusade Anew. And at last, I called sheer Willpower to stem the Ebbing Flow of my Sacred Essence, to grant me Time to walk the last steps on the Path to Ascension.

I was Ready.

I cast Her one final glance, my soul bright with scarlet bleed, and then I rose High Above, from cave to surface to mountains to clouds to sky beyond. I gazed at Her final resting place, and using my Power, I bade it be Hers forever. I Shaped the spatial labyrinth, sculpting it into a magnificent shrine, and then I sank it into the Depths of Terra Para, never to be found again.

That Done, I turned toward Destiny and rushed to meet it Soon. Tranquil Fury gave me strength, and Divine Vision guided my soul.

I had to save Veralla. To save her from The Dragonslayer, and make her the ultimate Sacrifice, the one who shall grant the blessing of All to Ascend. To wrench her free from the grasp of the usurper, and make her Light.

I am coming for you, Dragonslayer.

I am coming for you, Airo.

I am coming for you. And you shall regret the moment when you Chose to stand in my Way. You shall regret the heinous crimes you have done against the child of my Love.

You shall regret everything.

I am coming for you, and Triumph shall be mine.