12

Haseena entered the room and found Karishma near the balcony. She walked towards her and stood beside her, clearing her throat before speaking, "Kya baat hai, shadi kar rahi hai?"

"hmmm." All Karishma could manage to say.

"Dekh, agar nahi karna chahti hai toh mat kar. Ami ko mana kar de." Urmila suggested sensing her woriness.

"Mana karne ki wajah kya den? Aaj mana karenge toh kal parson mahine baad phir se hoga." her shoulders slumped as she said.

"Dekh ab agr tu mana kar rhi hai, tu tery pass hogi na, koi wajah na karne ki, bas wahi bol de."

Karishma glanced towards Urmila, she managed a faint smile, "Tum ni smjo gi," before heading inside.

As Haseena observed Karishma's departure, the sight of that faint smile struck her deeply. It was a smile that start and than died on her lips, like a fragile dream shattered by the harsh light of reality, like a delicate petal wilting in the harsh winds of despair. it failed to reach Karishma's eyes, leaving an unmistakable void of emptiness.

It was as if the smile itself was a silent pleading for understanding and support, a cry for help masked behind a facade of strength.

Morning.....

In the morning, they all were sitting around the dining table for breakfast. Ami looked at karishma and took the opportunity and initiated the conversation.

"Karishma beta itni kia jldi ha wpic join krny gi Kuch din aaram kr lo."

"Nae Ami ab theek han, Jana b zarori ha."  Karishma reassured her.

"Karishma beta, humne raat ko baat ki thi, shadi ki." Karishma looked up and responded with a simple "g Ami."

"Raat ko hi humne Najma bi se bhi baat ki thi." Ami said with smile.

"Hmm." Karishma replied with a disinterested.

"Toh kismat dekho kitni acchi hai tumhari. Abhi unhone bataya ki ek ladka hai, unke proposals mein ab humne keh diya ki theek hai, Karishma mil lenge aj hi usse." Ami informed her with.

"kia reh yeh aap toh 5G ki speed se bhi zyada tez chal rahi hain." Urmila interjected.

"Han toh ab neek kaam mein deri kis baat ki?" She turned towards Karishma who was looking down at her plate absolutely disinterested in the conversation, "Karishma, aaj shaam ko woh tumhe milne aayega, aur address hum tumhe message kar denge."

"G, jayenge." Karishma hesitantly responded, She got up and said, "Hum chalte hain, tum jaldi aao," she said to Urmila before leaving the room.

Haseena observed Ami closely, noticing her happiness and concern for karishma. "Ami, aapko kyun nahi dikh raha wo khush nahi hai, nahi karna chahti hai kyun itni jaldi kar rahi hain aap?" she wondered silently.

"Tum kya soch rahi ho, jaldi jao, wait kar rahi hai." Ami caught her gaze and said.

"Han, jati hai," she said quickly and also got up, leaving the table.

At station....

As Haseena and Karishma arrived at the station, the trio greeted them with respectful salutes of "Jai Hind, madam."

"Jai Hind." Karishma reciprocated.

"Ap ko boht boht Mubarak ho."Pushpa g stepped forward and said with excitement.

"Kia bat ky liyya?" Karishma, taken aback, inquired.

  "Humen sab pta chal gya ha ap shadi kar rhi han na." Pushpa g responded confidently.