04

Is this dream or you......

Karishma eyes were lock on her, her face expression were demanding an answer but her eyes were pleading for her to say yes despite of impossibility.

Karishma's eyes were brimming with layer of tears, suspended in the curve of her eyelashes, as if undecided whether to bless the flower below or not, waiting for her permission to blink her eyes, so that they can fall like a delicate dewdrops on petals of flower. and haseena just wanted to cradle those tears in her palm like stars embracing the night sky, before it falls down.

As Haseena observed Karishma struggle, a lump formed in her throat, threatening to betray the turmoil within her own heart for the first time in her life she get to know the actual meaning of saying ansu pee jana because she was doing this in this specific moment she was gulping down her tears not letting her to touch even the surface of her eyes.
Haseena was torn between her sense of responsibility and the desire to provide solace to the one she cared for deeply. but she knew and as much as it pained her, she had to stay true to her duty.

"Kya reh, tu bhi apni dilruba ki tarah shayari karne lagi?" Haseena composed herself and said holding back her tears.

Karishma, after again hit realization closed her eyes and tears rolled down her cheeks, "Tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?" she asked.

"Tujhe sab dhoondh rahe hain udhar is liyay ai tery ko dkhny......" Urmila responded casually.

"Tum jao, hum aate hain," she said and turned away

"Aaja jaldi...." Urmila said and with one last glance she walked away.

As Urmila went, Karishma couldn't shake the feeling of surrealism that enveloped her. "Is this was really a dream? And if it is, I wish I could never wake up from it?"

"Every single proof indicates she is not Madam Sir. Then why am I not accepting it? Why do I still feel like she is Madam Sir?" In frustration, she slammed her hand against the railing.

After a while, Karishma came into the hall and observed the somber atmosphere that hung heavy among all of them. She understood the emotional turmoil they were facing, and decided that for today, it was enough.

"Urmila, tumne sab achhe se dekh liya hai," she asked Urmila.

"Haan, ek dum yaad kar liya hai sab," Urmila nodded not to say anything else that hurt them right now.

"Toh theek hai, kal se Urmila ki training shuru karenge. Abhi ke liye sab ho gaya." She then turned towards Pushpa g and said, "Ap isko apne room mein le kar jaiye, aaj ke liye wahi so jayegi."

Turning to Santu, "Tum dono bhi jao. Kal subah jaldi aa jana, bahut kaam karna hai."

Both Cheetah and Santu responded in unison, "Ji madam," and left from there.

Night....

Under the blanket of night, Karishma was sitting in the hall, her thoughts were consumed by the pain of losing her Madam Sir. She couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that clenched at her heart, and more over when her look a like is here everytime in front of her, how she would ever convince herself that her Madam Sir is no more. Today, she has a purpose to live, to find the culprit of Madam Sir but what about tomorrow? How would she go on living with this thought, with this loss, with this pain that she is no more, the longing that seems endless?

Meanwhile, Haseena lay on her bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. She felt the weight of guilt pressing down on her chest, knowing the pain her team going through. she felt burden by the weight of this secret. How could she ever mend their heart for the pain she had caused them? How will she face them, knowing she was alive in front of them, yet unable to do anything to ease their sufferings?