08

Next morning.....

The next morning, Karishma woke up feeling surprisingly relaxed than usual, with a lightness in her heart she got up and sat on the bed, As she stretched and yawned, the events of the previous night flooded back to her mind.

"Madam sir," she muttered to herself, her thoughts started to race. She looked around her room, scanning for any signs of the previous night event. and, her eyes fell upon her shirt, and she noticed bloodstains on it. Her heart skipped a beat as realization hit upon her. "Is ka matlab yeh sab sach tha, Jo b ta such ta, wo madam sir han," she whispered to herself with a racing heart, Without wasting a moment, she quickly got up and hurried towards her room, her mind was filled with concern and urgency.

Karishma stepped inside and and opened her mouth to say something but before she could say anything, Urmila approached her, while saying, "Dekh kya ho gaya mery sath kal rat ko,?"

As Karishma hit her voice, Urmila's accent, her heart sank with the realization that it wasn't Haseena standing before her, but Urmila. and again the burden of the truth hit her hard, shattering the hope she had clung to. Lost in her thoughts, she felt like she cried until there's nothing left in her. she stood frozen until she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. Haseena's touch snapped her out of her daze, reminding her of the reality she faced.

Karishma's heart sank as Urmila extended her hand, revealing a bandage. "Yeh dekh," Urmila said, offering her injured hand.

"Kaise hua yeh?" Karishma, asked with trembled voice mirroring her inner turmoil.

"Wo raat ko yahan khari thi is khaarki ke paas aur haath neeche rakh diya, toh yeh toota hua kanch chubh gaya." she pointed towards window.

Karishma, looked towards her hand and than towards her. she couldn't help but felt a surge of doubt and suspicion. without saying anything she made her way towards the window, for the confirmation. she inspected the broken glass and the stains.

"Arey yahi wla ha, dekh lia." Urmila said while moving towards her inwardly thanking God for making everything ready.

"Isi liye toh aayi thi tere room mein, dawa ke liye. Par aage tu..." She stopped mid sentence, looked towards her who was already looking at her with a layer of tears and sadness in her eyes.

"Ab sy mera room mein mat aana, aur mere saath dobara yeh mazaak karne ki himmat bhi mat karna," her voice trembled with emotions.

"Arey main toh apne kaam se hi aayi thi, woh toh tujhe dekha tu roo rhi ti, aur maine socha thodi himmat de doon." she said in apologetic way.

Karishma, without turning back, nodded silently and walked away. haseena looked at her retreating figure and than she took a deep sigh. she turned towards the window broken edge. " I am sorry Karishma for again breaking your hope, hum majboor han." she said as she heared the loud thud of door as Karishma closed the door of her room behind. "Hum jaantay thay, apko proof zaror chahiye hoga, akhir han tw police wali hi." she murmured softly, she looked towards her hand which was still soaked in blood and having wave of pain.
.
.
.
.

After a while they were on the dinning table for breakfast when Ami noticed her hand and asked Urmila, "Hath ko kya hua?"

"Woh window ky kanch se lag gaya." Urmila said plainly.

Ami nodded in understanding, "Han, wahan repairing ki zarorat ha, humne kai baar Haseena ko bola tha theek krwa le par usay yaad hi nahi rehta tha."

"Acha hua mujhe yaad nahi rehta, aaj bacha liya isne mujhe." Haseena thought to herself, and said to Ami. "koi bat ni, tora hi lga ha Kal tak tk ho jay ga."