|| III

After everything went down at the funeral, Tessa decided to go say her goodbyes to Vanya before she left, and then headed back to the kitchen to see everyone gathered there.

Five rummaged through the kitchen cabinets, searching for something, while Klaus sat at the table, a guitar in hand that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"Hey Klaus," Tessa greeted him as she took a seat at the dining table.

"Hello, Sweet Tessi," Klaus responded, strumming the guitar strings with a casual air.

"What are you up to?" Tessa inquired, her gaze fixed on Klaus.

"Oh, nothing much, just floating around. Where were you for the last five minutes?" Klaus responded, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Vanya left, so I was just saying goodbye to her with Pogo," Tessa explained as Allison entered the room.

"Where's Vanya?" Allison asked, her tone tinged with a hint of concern but seeming indifferent at the same time.

"Oh, she's gone," Klaus replied casually.

"That's unfortunate," Five remarked, joining them at the table.

"Yeah," Allison quickly replied.

"An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee," Five lamented, eliciting a confused look from Tessa.

"Dad hated caffeine," Allison interjected.

"Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us," Klaus quipped, his laughter punctuating the end of his sentence.

Tessa let out a slight "Ha!" before falling silent at the disapproving looks from Allison and Five.

"I'm taking the car," Five announced, striding away.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked, sitting up slowly. "To get a decent cup of coffee," Five replied blankly. "Do you even know how to drive?" Allison and Tessa chimed in simultaneously.

"I know how to do everything," Five retorted before spatially jumping away to God knows where.

"I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also just kinda want to see what happens," Klaus mused, getting up and turning to Tessa and Allison.

Diego sauntered into the room just as the car engine revved, signaling Five's departure. "Well, I guess I'll see you guys in, what, ten years? When Pogo dies?" he quipped, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Not if you die," Allison retorted, her tone tinged with amusement.

"Yeah, love you too, sis," Diego replied with a smirk. Then, leaning in closer to Allison, he added, "Good luck on your next film. Hope it turns out better than your marriage, huh?"

Tessa's expression shifted to one of disbelief, and she crossed her arms in response to Diego's comment.

"Are... Are we leaving?" Klaus asked quietly, his tone uncertain.

"No, me and Tess are leaving. Me and Tess," Diego clarified, starting to walk away. Tessa stood up, nodding, and began to follow him out of the room.

"Oh, fabulous! I'll get my stuff," Klaus says, his enthusiasm evident as he heads off to gather his belongings.

Tessa and Diego make their way to his car, with Tessa heading to the passenger side and settling into the seat. Meanwhile, Diego tosses his belongings into the backseat before joining her in the driver's seat. As Tessa buckles up her seatbelt, they exchange glances, ready for whatever lies ahead.