|| II

All those who chose to attend the funeral gathered in the downstairs area, taking their seats in somber reflection. Tessa found herself on the couch beside Vanya, offering silent support to her sister. Meanwhile, Klaus stood behind the bar, his skilled hands moving with purpose as he created a series of random mixtures, each drink a reflection of his inner turmoil and the memories he shared with the departed.

Allison sat on a chair, nursing a glass of scotch, her gaze distant as she sought solace in the amber liquid. Luther occupied a spot on the couch opposite Tessa and Vanya, his expression solemn as he contemplated the loss. Meanwhile, Diego took a seat in the corner, his posture tense with unresolved emotions as he silently observed the gathering.

"Um... I guess we should get this started. So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favorite spot," Luther says, standing up and addressing the gathered group with a somber tone.

"Dad had a favorite spot?" Diego asks.

"You know, under the oak tree," Luther replies.

"We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?" Luther says, attempting to strike a nostalgic chord. Tessa gives him a confused scowl at his remarks, clearly not impressed by his attempt to garner favor.

"Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner," Klaus says, strolling over to the group with a cigarette and some alcoholic beverage in hand.

"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here," Luther says, his tone firm as he addresses Klaus's cigarette.

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asks Klaus, raising an eyebrow.

"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathable on the bits," Klaus says, gesturing to the skirt with a nonchalant shrug.

"Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?" Luther says, sounding frustrated.

"Like what?" Tessa and Diego both ask.

"Like the way he died," Luther responds.

"And here we go," Allison says, rolling her eyes.

"I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack," Vanya says, looking around for answers.

"Yeah, according to the coroner," Luther says, initiating an investigation into their father's death. One thing about Luther was that he never failed to make the situation bigger than it was. He always believed that there was a bigger meaning behind the problem and that they all had to come together again and solve it as one group like they used to.

"Well, wouldn't they know?" Vanya says.

"Theoretically," Luther adds.

"Theoretically?" Tessa replies with a bewildered tone.

"I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened," Luther says. "The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange," he adds.

"Oh, quelle surprise!" Klaus says sarcastically, gargling his drink.

"Strange how?" Tessa asks.

"He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful who to trust," Luther says.

"Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles," Diego says, standing up and expressing his skepticism.

"No. He must have known something was going to happen. Look, I know you don't like to do it, but I need you to talk to Dad," Luther asks Klaus.

"Here we go," Tessa rolls her eyes in annoyance.