Chapter 8 |Ruby|

| Chapter 8 |

| Ruby |

So, as it turned out, there had been only five seats in that little convertible we'd stolen, so somebody had to sit on someone. Honestly, you would think that they'd make Kathleen do it, but she complained so violently that I gave in, and Lakotas afraid of the guys, so she sat in front, and here I am, stuck having to sit on a very sheepish looking Levi, with Kathleen and Darren next to us. Occasionally, I'd turn and glare at her, when she wasn't looking.

Admittedly, though, Levi's tight hold around my waist was kind of... nice?

Then it hit me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I've got it covered, Rue," Riley said in front of me. "Who's up for LV?"

"Las Vegas?" Kathleen piped up, suddenly awake from where she'd been sleeping soundly.

"Indeed, darling. We're going to the city of lights!" He exclaimed.

"Um, isn't that Paris?" Lakota corrected.

Riley shook a finger at her, saying, "Ah-ah... Don't ruin it, sweetie."

"Stop it with the nicknames, already!" Darren reprimanded. He looked even more annoyed at his twin brother than usual. I giggled a bit at the exchange.

I saw Riley roll his eyes in the rearview mirror.

And so it went on, where the boys (and Lakota) bickered and I watched my--as I just realized--newfound friends go back and forth at each other.

Through the sixteen hour long drive, Darren and Riley continued to switch spots for who was driving and we opened the convertible top the next day. The cool breeze washed over us and I was thankful that Levi didn't move. Well, other than our breaks, but still. We all sang over the radio and the wind in our not-so-quiet triumph. We all felt that we'd won, for once.

Sixteen hours later, we'd made the long trip from Fall City, Washington to Las Vegas, Nevada. Boomtown Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, to be exact.

When we pulled up to the flashy, lit-up place, Lakota paled and gasped violently.

"What. Are.We. Doing. Here?" She exclaimed.

"We need money," Riley explained. "And what better place to get money--" he gestured to the building "--Than a casino?"

I looked to Lakota, then Darren, then Kathleen, and finally to Riley.

"Riley," Levi said behind me, slowly. "How are we, a bunch of underage teens supposed to get into a casino?" He stressed the word 'casino'. "And when did you actually formulate that going to a casino would be a good plan?" This was the first time I'd seen Levi's cool, confident wall come down. He wasn't happy.

"It is a good plan. I've done my research--don't ask how--and I know for a fact that Boomtown Casino here doesn't card people at the entrance. As long as we make ourselves look not young, we should be all good!"

"And how do you propose we do that?" He asked skeptically.

Riley's gaze then turned from Levi to somewhere off to the right. I looked to where he did, but I couldn't tell if he was staring at the boutique, or the strip club next to the casino.

"Riley...?" Lakota addressed nervously. An evil grin spread across his face.

So, that's how Levi and I ended up having to sneak into the 'Golden Banana' Gentlemen's Club. There was a bouncer by the door, but he wasn't very tough looking so we were able to pass right by him.