chp 9 [The demon beast appears!]

Narrator's POV:

After a little visit from the class rep, Shusuke got summoned by Sai to investigate the weird chakra that has been going around the village like a virus.

Multiple ninja are investigating the accident near a big tree, including Sai and Shusuke. He's on his ANBU clothes and while looking around, he noticed a small plant on a table that got divided by two.

He crouched Infront of it to take a closer look. "Wood release..." He thought. Then soon after Sai walked closer to Shusuke, looking down at the broken table. "Chief, the enemy used a wood release.." Sai nodded at what just the boy informed him.

The boy's eyes are sharp. He immediately noticed the small plant. Shusuke stood up to look around again, but then he noticed the familiar blonde. Luckily, he's wearing his ANBU mask, or else Boruto would know.

~

After the investigation, Sai and Shusuke entered a room. The room had a ball of light in the middle with white things falling from it, and also a few ninja. The thing is used to store information.

(A/n: idk what this thing called, so yeah, here's a pic because I really can't describe it)

Sai and Shusuke payed attention to the ball with silence all over the place.

Later, a voice broke the silence, "hey.." Shusuke looked back and saw Naruto, the 7th Hokage. He faced the man and bowed. Naruto smiled ruffled the hair of the boy.

Shusuke flinched and stood straight afterwards. He's still not used of it. "I'm going out for a ramen, want to join me?" He offered to the two. Shusuke looked at Sai for an answer.

"I want to finish this checking today." Sai replied with his hands crossed over his chest, not giving the blonde a single glance.

"Sai.. aren't you pushing yourself a little too hard?" Naruto asked with concerned. Shusuke just stand there looking at Naruto and back to Sai, awkwardly.

"I don't want to hear that coming from you." Sai replied, still not giving a glance to the blonde.

"Even if the foundation is connecting to these incidents, it's got nothing to do with you... nor to Shusuke" Naruto said and glanced to the Uchiha boy with a smile.

"You don't have to feel responsible." He finished off with a grin. Shusuke glanced at Sai before looking back at Naruto with a he's-not-gonna-answer-you look.

Naruto understand it and smiled awkwardly. "Anyways... I'm gonna go get some ramen," he said and turned around to walk away. "Do you want to tag along, Shusuke?" He asked the boy who opened his mouth to answer but shut it when Sai spoke.

"Naruto... If someone in the foundation is involved, I want to help him quickly. because he doesn't have to be bound to a misguided ideology... The way I was." He spoke.