Chapter 18: Distorted Morality

         Vegas City. Known as one of the Cities in the Caro Kingdom. Famous for the Golden Tree Auction House which held the most famous auction in the western continent. The secret auction of the Golden Tree Auction House is always held in February and lasts for 3 days.

Gazing at the looming Golden Tree Auction House at the center of the Vegas City, Allen was frowning.

There were still a few days remaining in which the Secret Auction would start. The Secret Auction would start on February 11. Today, was February 9.

When Allen and Gavin arrive in the Dubbori Territory disguised as the mercenaries Lenny and Geralt, they have passed unhindered with the only exception of the guards asking them for a hefty amount of taxes.

Gavin was enraged with the amount of taxes that the guards were asking. However, Allen stopped Gavin before he could retaliate. For Allen, it was better for them to not cause any ruckus. After all, Allen and Gavin have been illegally transported to the Caro Kingdom. And regarding his current identity as Prince Alexis of Roan Kingdom, it would be best for him to lay low. Allen obediently paid for his and Gavin's tax.

And ignored the dubious and illegal practices that were ongoing in the Dubbori Territory. Along with the plight of Dubbori Citizens being troubled by the Dubbori Lords implemented very high amounts of taxes and being prevented from escaping from Dubbori by their Lord.

It wasn't Allen's business what was going on with the Dubbori Territory. His first and most important priority was the sealing or destruction of the replica sin vessels and the end objects. The task asked by the Sun God sickle.

With his decision, Allen knows that Gavin is probably disappointed by him. And Gavin would continue to be disappointed by his decisions.

Once upon a time, Allen Avadonia was adopted by a man who had a great sense of Justice and morals. Because of this, Allen adopted the man's outlook in life.

Disgusted by injustice, Being Kind, Caring, and having respect for others regardless of status in their life. However, that boy was long gone.

The person who prioritizes his sister's happiness above all else, the servant of evil who abandoned his morals. After his death, spending time in the black box, Allen admitted that his view of things became more warped.

Even now, the most important thing to Allen was his sister who was currently alive and spending her life happily in the 4th period of their world. After that, is Allen repaying Sickle's favor.

The Sin Vessels and End Objects.

If it was possible, Allen would peacefully acquire the objects. But, if it was necessary and Allen had no choice, Allen wouldn't hesitate to dirty his hands once again and do the most sinuous acts that existed.

For the sake of his goal, Allen would once again turn his eye blind to injustice. Allen could feel his self-disgust increasing.

" Lenny? Lenny! "

Allen blinked out of his stupor when he heard Gavin's voice. Moving his gaze away from the Golden Auction Tree House, Allen gazes at Gavin.

" Is there any of it there? "

Gavin asked with a concerned expression. Raising his hand forward in front of Gavin, Allen moves his right hand. His hand has 3 fingers raised.

Seeing Allen's gesture, Gavin gulped in fear.

' ... Three?!. '

According to Lady Marie, there are 3 sin vessels that she could feel her coming into Vegas City. And all of those sin vessels are in the Golden Tree Auction House. That is also the reason why Allen is frowning and troubled.

He was considering stealing the items from the Golden Auction Tree House. Nonetheless, Allen knows that it is impossible. As the most widely regarded Auction of the Western Continent, the rumors say the Golden Auction Tree House boasts an unparalleled amount of security.

Strong warriors, mages, magic items – The Golden Tree Auction House administrators weren't lacking in those things. Since the establishment of the Caro Kingdom, the Golden Tree Auction House has emerged and accompanied the Caro Kingdom side by side.

Even with Sickle's blessing allowing him to use a tremendous amount of Light Magic Spells and with the sword skills that he learned as Allen Avadonia, with Gavin by his side, Allen knows that he is no match for the Golden Tree Auction House's unparalleled security measures.

The use of the sin vessel was a last resort that shouldn't even be considered. For Allen even though he was resistant to the effects of the sin vessels, if he used the vessels many times, there may come a day when he would be unknowingly corrupted.

It was a situation that Allen would like to avoid at all costs. Allen was only considering using the sin vessels on his hands if there would be a situation where he would encounter a strong sin vessel demon/user to destroy or kill.

Caressing the storage ring in his hand while glancing at the Golden Tree Auction House, Allen sighed. The best situation for Allen would be the money that he has in the storage ring would be enough to acquire the 3 sin vessels. However, if it wasn't, Allen was considering the option of stealing the sin vessels from whoever acquired those items from the secret auction. And with that situation, the Golden Tree Auction House wouldn't be a problem for Allen.

Once you bid on the item and acquire it, after leaving the Golden Tree Auction House and Vegas City, the auction bidders who successfully acquired auction items wouldn't be under their protection and responsibility.

As for stealing storage items with their money from the other auction bidders? It would be impossible. There are circumstances where the storage items would only work with the owner of those storage items and bounding the storage items with them. Storage items are important so bounding them to themselves is normal. It was also a countermeasure to avoid the risk of having the storage items from the owners.

With the current situation, Allen has no choice but to try to acquire the sin vessels in the auction bidding for them. If he failed to bid for them, then he would have resorted to stealing from the successful bidders once they left the Vegas City.