Chapter 8: Self-Reflection

   Today is year 779 of Felix Calendar.

   Today is the day after his birth.

   He was now 13 and had been given responsibilities by their father.

The Henituse Household representative – The duty of attending the events held by the different nobles and the royal family of the Roan Kingdom.

From now on, he would also do the duties and responsibilities as the heir of Henituse Household.

It was a responsibility given to him by his father.

Based felt a warm feeling in his chest.

He was glad that he was able to help his father. He was glad that his father could rely on him.

He was happy.

While he was preparing for the new day and changing his clothes by himself in his room, Basen walked towards the full-body mirror and looked at his reflection before looking at the mirror as a whole.

Basen felt a burst of affection rise in him towards his mother.

This mirror is a gift to him by his mother for his 13th Birthday.

Yesterday, his mother told him that an antique collector from the Henituse Territory told his mother that the mirror is a family heirloom of the antique collector, but because of certain circumstances, the antique dealer has no choice but to sell the mirror. It was said to be from a fallen kingdom that existed a long time ago. It once belonged to the last ruler of the fallen kingdom. An arrogant and selfish king.

His mother, Violan didn't believe that the mirror once belonged to an arrogant and cruel king since the Kingdom that was told to his mother by the seller was nonexistent. However, as someone who has knowledge and expertise in various arts and crafts, his mother agreed that the mirror has indeed a very long history.

Looking in the mirror, Basen was startled when he saw his reflection smiling at him in amusement.

Blinking and feeling his heart nearly shocked, Basen convinced himself.

' ..It is just an illusion. '

-----------------------

Days after hallucinating his reflection smiling at him in amusement, Basen has forgotten the little event that happened to him.

There are more matters that he has to take care of like studying and upholding his duties as the Heir of Henituse Household.

Before he sleeps, he gazes at his reflection in the mirror.

His mind whispers to him.

' You're not the heir. '

---------------------

Knocking in the door, he was surprised when no one answered. Excusing, apologizing and informing his father inside his workroom, Basen opened the door.

His eyes widened when he saw the scene inside the room.

His mother standing beside his father and smiling.

His father laughed as he carried his little sister Lily on his lap.

At the end of the day, Basen gazed at himself in the mirror.

' They look so perfect together. Where is your place there? '

--------------

Today, Basen encountered their cousins.

" Uncle loves Cale no matter how trashy he acts and always spoils him rotten. Your father and mother love to dote on your little sister, Lily. What about you? "