✵FOURTEEN✵

~~~Volturi Palace, Volterra, Italy~~~

~~2005~~

Much to Aro's dismay, every guard member was loyal to each King, and their Queen. She was their Queen, and Caius was their King, so they respected her, but they also obeyed Aro.

"We have been instructed to search every room in the castle, My Queen," Felix said and looked at her. She was smaller than the large vampire, but more threatening

"I see. Well, of course, you should obey your King. I don't see a problem. Would all of you require entry?" Felix was stumped, but he nodded.

Then, they all felt a chill down her spine.

Because she smiled.

"Then, please, come in." She opened the doors, and let everyone in. As they walked in, they admired the room. It was a work of art. Hanging from the ceiling were intricate chandeliers made of glass and ice.

Fenrir watched Jane. She felt the bear's presence, but she couldn't attack it, or Loki would incinerate her.

"May I ask, what do you search for?" Loki asked Felix as she stood by him with her arms clasped behind her back. They stood in the middle of the room as the vampires searched every square inch of the room.

"A fugitive of the Volturi. An enemy." Loki nodded. She knew what they were looking for, but she was attempting to be innocent.

"Ah, I see. Well, I doubt you'll find this enemy here. I do think I am aware of whom you speak. It seems that Aro has begun to think I would hide such a villain from him. Strange, don't you think."

Felix was intrigued by the goddess and her sweet words. She was just so nice and compliant, how could she be at fault here?

"Yes, My Queen. I don't believe we'll find anything here." He whistled, and all the vampires left the room except for him, the twins, and Demitri.

"We found nothing," Alec declared. Jane looked infuriated, but she heard something. Something...sweet sounding. Like a song.

"I'm afraid I can't help in your search, but I do wish you good fortune in finding the fugitive." Jane was entranced by her words.

One would think that Loki was performing some sort of trickery, but she wasn't. She was simply being kind. Partially manipulative...maybe; but mostly kind.

Loki was kind. That was just her demeanor. People and animals alike were drawn to her, except for when she was upset, and didn't show kindness. Even the heartless Jane felt herself drawn to the goddess.

She wanted to protect her and hissed at Santiago when he glared at the beautiful Trickster.

Then Loki looked at Jane.

"Do you require help? My animals are at your service for whatever you need." She took Jane's hands in her own, and Felix held his breath. No one touched Jane.

If Jane were human, she would have blushed.

She was just as in love with the goddess as Demitri was. One by one, so was Alec, and Felix.

"N-No, My Queen. We are fine, do not strain yourself by helping us. We have searched the whole castle—the fugitive is not here." Loki nodded and smiled so brilliantly at Jane that Jane had to glance away.

"Could you...do me a favor?"

"Anything," The four vampires immediately said.

"Well, I would like to go into the city, but I'm afraid I don't know where to start. If you can be spared...No, it's fine..." Jane shook her head.

"We would love to help. I am off tonight, so we can go then. But Master Caius may want more than one guard with you." Loki shook her head. "I'll speak to him. Thank you, Jane. You're a true friend."

And, that is how Jane melted.

when the guards cleared out and the doors were safely shut, Loki let out a breath of relief. She turned around and from the shadows, a woman came. Abidemi.

"Transformation has only enhanced you, Abidemi." The girl nodded as she walked over. Loki had given her clothing earlier.

She now wore a black turtleneck and a pair of jeans. Loki had a knack for guessing sizes.

"What...do I do now?" Loki smiled. "You may stay with me as long as you wish, or you can leave now. Either way, do whatever you like. But...you need to feed. Do you feel it?" Abidemi gasped and nodded.

"Good. Come." She looked hesitantly at the door. "Are you sure?" Loki nodded and held her hand out. It took Abidemi a moment, but she took it.

Loki walked down to the cellar with Abidemi, when Abidemi suddenly lunged forward.

Loki heard screams as a human was killed and Abidemi was sated. Loki clapped. "Welcome to the world, sweet thing." The newborn's hair was frizzy and her clothes had the smallest amount of blood on them.

The goddess then took her to her chambers, passing by the numerous guards, who barely even noticed Abidemi.

"Here. You must look the part to be a part of my small coven, Abidemi." She opened the doors to her expansive closet, which was gifted to her by Caius only two days earlier. He wanted everyone to see his adoration of her, not that he told her so.

"Yes, ma'am." Loki laughed. "Loki, darling. Loki."

"Ok...Loki."

It took Abidemi a moment for her to choose, and then she walked out of the closet looking regal and lavish. She wore black boots that were slightly heeled, dark blue dress pants, and a long-sleeved mesh black shirt over a white corset.

"Perfect. You look like a Princess." Abidemi fidgeted. She didn't want to forsake the goddess's kindness, but she was worried. She knew that Aro wouldn't recognize her, but what if he found out?

"You worry about your safety." The newborn locked eyes with the goddess, who sighed. "I wish to enter Volterra. Now, I worry that you are too...new. You will stay here while I am gone, but—"

"What if Aro finds me? He'll kill me, or worse." Loki shook her head at the frantic vampire who feared for her life.

"He will not know you. We will go introduce you now." Abidemi shook her head intensely. "No, no, no. He'll find out, and he'll kill me. Or...Madegiya. I can't...I can't end up like him now that I'm...a vampire."

Loki didn't know how to soothe her, so she simply closed her eyes and attempted to channel the only person she ever met who was able to keep a newborn from drinking from humans.

"Come," She said simply. Though Abidemi was apprehensive, she did. Loki went to the King who would be understanding with the newborn.

She knocked on the Kings' study door, and heard two voices in perfect synchronization.

"Come in."