✵FIVE✵

~~~Volturi Palace, Volterra, Italy~~~

~~2005~~

"This seems like a bad idea." Loki scowled, "Don't be a worrywart. Besides, it'll be fun."

"She'll kill us."

"She can't. I'm allowed to do whatever I want. And that should extend to you too."

"Fine. You're a troublemaker."

"Yes, I suppose so."

Loki looked at the wardrobe of Jane's clothes, and every single piece of clothing was neon pink. Her entire bedroom as well. Everything was painted pink.

"Well, now that that's done," Loki said, rubbing her hands together. "Let's go before she sees us here," Loki said and they sped away.

"So, tell me about the palace." Demitri nodded as they sat in the library on a couch.

"The North Wing is for the kings and their rooms. The West Wing is for guard members and a training room. The South Wing is the dungeon."

Loki nodded, "And the East Wing?" Demitri hesitated, "Not relevant. Just empty bedrooms," He lied.

Loki frowned. She could tell that he lied, but didn't say anything. He cleared his throat, "Maybe you should go back to your room now."

Her eyes narrowed, "I think I'll walk around for a bit."

He sighed, "How about we explore the North Wing?" She nodded but knew.

She would be looking into the East Wing.

~The East Wing~

"Caius," Athenodora said bitterly. "Athenodora," Caius greeted through gritted teeth. "So, why have you come?" Sulpicia sighed and walked to Aro, her husband, and mate, and kissed him softly.

"I have come to inform you that I have met my soulmate." Athenodora growled, "So you're here to kick me out?! Now that you finally have your beloved mate!"

Caius sighed, "I can give you some money, but then you must leave." She snarled, "No! I am the Queen!"

"No, you are not! Athenodora, you will leave now! Whether you do it willingly, or not does not matter to me!"

She stood, "I hope she dies. I hope that she hates you!" She yelled. Caius growled, but Aro stood between them, "Enough! Athenodora, you are dismissed!"

She looked at Sulpicia, who looked apologetic, but Athenodora didn't want her apologies.

"Fine, then." She was escorted by Sulpicia, Aro, and Caius, but then she felt it.

"What is that?" Athenodora demanded. She felt power. Deep, immense, power.

"Nothing," Aro said, but he felt it too. Loki was close, and they needed to get Athenodora out of the palace before--

They rounded the corner and saw Loki and Demitri. Athenodora pieced it together.

"This is her, isn't it? Your mate?" She asked Caius. Loki frowned, "Who are you?" She asked.

"His wife. Who are you?" Athenodora asked harshly. Loki's eyes widened, and suddenly the room was freezing.

"I see."

"You didn't answer me! Who are you?!" Athenodora screamed. Once she got a better look, she guessed.

"The Trickster."

She sneered, "Loki."

Loki's entire demeanor changed. Her eyes looked like ice as she raised a brow, "Careful."