Chapter 31

YVONNE

I wake up at the sense of something hard on my face.

And no, it's not what you think. I woke up at the feeling of that multiple times last night when my body kept swinging from complete and full pleasure, to numbness and a pending feeling of being sore.

No, now the hard thing is Levi's hand resting on my chest.

I woke up in Levi's bed.

A smile tugs on my lips as I take my time just watching him sleep. Breathe. In and out. Calm and soft. A rhythm so calming, that I cuddle closer to him to avoid the distance between us. To feel his heartbeat on my skin.

It's then I feel lips on the top of my head, giving me a lazy kiss. "Morning, dove."

I woke him up. Innerly cursing every move I made, I look up at him, to see his blue eyes already looking at me. "Morning", I say, kissing him once. "Did you get a good sleep? You have your big race today."

"Not much sleeping was involved, dove. Remember?", he teases me.

Images of last night flash through my head and I have to blush. "Sorry", I mumble. I wouldn't want the fact we were up late doing anything but sleeping to affect his race today.

"Don't feel sorry", he says, his tone honest. "Don't feel sorry for anything that happened in this room."

"Even when my lips were on your-", I want to say but his lips stop me.

"Do you want a recreation of that, dove? You make it sound very tempting."

"If it would make you feel better...", I whisper, nervously playing with a strand of my hair.

Levi's fingers go on my chin to lift it up, forcing my gaze back on his. "You make me feel better."

"I do?", I ask him surprised.

"You're my home, dove."

The moment my heart processes his words and the butterflies kick in, I wrap my arms around him and sink my face in his chest.

"I love you, Levi", I whisper, thinking that if I say it enough like a whisper and dig in inside his chest, that he wouldn't hear. But he does. I can feel it by the way he froze.

"What did you say?", he asks me, each word coming out trembling.

I force my face to look at him as I say. "I said I think I love you."

A whole new emotion reaches his face, turning him from handsome in devastatingly beautiful. His eyes fill with life, his smile turns into the purest and realest I have ever seen, and a sort of warmth seems to radiate from him.

"I love you too, dove", he responds, giving me a kiss on the top of my head. "And don't worry. I'll love us enough for us both until you get sure of it."

A rush of electricity spears through my body at his words, releasing a whole zoo rather than just butterflies.

"Oh Levi", I manage to let out, before I crash my lips on his again.

And he was right. This. Us. It does feel like home.