Chapter 24

YVONNE

"Very smooth, Lia", Naomi says.

Only this time, I think Lia is right.

Our matcha latte session went a bit longer than expected, too much gossip to go over, and we had to text the guys to go first at the beach, saying we'll come later.

Hence why now, Lia, Mara, Naomi, Aria, Lory, Willa and I are standing in a row, all staring with our mouths wide open at the beach. The beach, that has turned into an episode of Baywatch. We managed to convince all twenty drivers to come, and I believe all tourists that had the luck to pass by or relax at this beach today personally owe us a thank you.

The beach looks hot.

And I'm not talking about the weather, screw that.

I'm talking about the people on the said beach.

All guys, shirtless, only in their boxers, some of them wearing a T-Shirt, but the T-Shirts are so wet they are sticking to their skin, running around like it were our birthday and this view would be our birthday present.

It's then my eyes set on a blonde, currently playing with a frisbee with six other guys and a little girl. His hair is wet, and as Chris comes near him, he shakes his head and splashes poor Chris from top to bottom. His chest is all muscle, as are his arms and legs. With the sun bathing his skin, he really resembles a glow, his hair almost golden.

It's then I realise he's my husband.

And I have to smirk even brighter.

All the other guys here get points for their looks, I'll give you that, but my gaze settled on the blonde one that now notices me and smirks bright, rushing his way to us followed by his best friend.

"Dove", he says as he's close, brushing a kiss on my forehead. My eyes find his and I have to swallow hard. Someone should really let this man outdoors more, for the way his eyes sparkle with the sun is addictive.

"Hey", I whisper.

He chuckles and takes my hand, at the same time Lewis takes Aria's, and they lead us to the where their towels are. Aria and I quickly get rid of the Summer dresses we were wearing and remain in our swimsuits only. She's rocking a pastel pink bikini, I'm in a black one. I can feel Levi's gaze trail down my body, how he seems to take in every shape, every inch of my skin, before he surprises me by taking hold of my legs and carries me on his shoulder.

"Let me go", I shout, my voice coming out shaking from laughter. I try hitting his back, but that's made solely of muscle too, so my attempt doesn't quite have the effect I wanted.

He keeps carrying me til we're inside the water, where he starts teasing me as if he would drop me.

"Levi, put me back down", I pledge my case, yet he won't hear. I keep asking him, all while laughing hard: "Levi Dyer, put me down now."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Dyer, I didn't quite get that", he teases.

"I said put me down", I shout.

So he does. He drops me. In the sea. I feel the water around me, tickling my skin, the salt in my eyes. It's then I stand back up and make it my mission to give him payback.

"So that's how you want to play", I shout.

I start chasing him as we run through the sea. He almost catches me twice, yet I manage to be a bit quicker and am soon holding my hands on his chest, eyes bored in his. I feel how he seems to breathe heavier and I make myself believe it has nothing to do with the fact I'm touching him. I also try to make believe the fact that the way I seem to find some problems with getting air inside my lungs right now has nothing to do with him.

"Hey", he whispers, tucking a strand of my wet hair behind my ear.

"Hi", I answer back.

"I missed you", he continues.

"We've seen each other yesterday", I tell him. I had breakfast with Aria today, then met up with the girls. And I obviously haven't slept in his room.

"I missed you", he repeats, his voice getting a little more nervous.

Don't you fucking fall for it, Yvonne.

"How do you taste like?", he asks me, his mouth coming closer to my face.

"How do I what-", I blurt out.

"I always picture you taste like something sweet. Like perfume. Or heaven." He tugs yet another strand of my hair. "But you might also test like that matcha you seem to love." Another step closer. "Would you..."

He wants to ask but he is interrupted by a frisbee flying right next to our faces. He pulls away and I also take a step back, and we're soonly watching a wet Chris running through the water.

"Fuck fuck fuck", he curses. "Fucking fuck", and again. He comes close to us, and starts looking around. "Have you seen it?"

"Seen what?", I ask, since my brain is still stuck five seconds ago, on Levi's lips.

"A sorry would be nice, asshole", Levi hisses.

Chris, who must have noticed the change in his tone, looks up and stares at his face: "Oh fuck. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I promise. I was just trying to throw the frisbee at Lewis." He lets out a forced chuckle: "Good thing I'm a driver and not something throwing included, huh?"

Like in a miracle, he takes out the frisbee from the water, and holds it like Baby Simba in the Circle of Life scene. "Little devil, huh? Did you want to take Levi's head off? I mean, we all come to want that at times, but..."

"Christopher", Levi cuts him short. Using his whole name.

He must really be pissed.

"Okay, sorry. Not the right time. Got it. You two have fun", he tells us. It's then he runs away again, not throwing a second glance back, probably afraid of Levi's wrath.

"I'm sorry about him", he tells me. He comes back close, yet that adrenaline boost making me feel confident fled away.

"It's fine", I whisper. It's then I instinctively search for Aria. As I tilt my head at her as in a shout for help, my baby girl gets it and is ready to move. "I was going to head out of the water anyway", I lie. Before he can add anything else, I turn with my back at him nod head towards the shore.

My heart has never felt more wrecked.