Chapter 3

LEVI

"What's with the elephant?"

It's five am, my head hurts and someone decided to bring an elephant.

"It's a blender, Levi", Aria replies.

I open my eyes, and look confused around. I'm on the couch of the penthouse Lewis and his girlfriend, Aria, rented for our stay in Belgium. I went for a normal hotel room, since I'm travelling solo. But since they are three, the couple and their six-year-old daughter, Winter, a penthouse seemed more appealing for them.

"You're lying", I comment, standing up. "It is an elephant."

"Whatever you wish to call it, Champ", she teases. I come in front of her, taking a sit on one of the chairs at the bar. Aria offers me an encouraging good morning smile, before pouring the liquid of the blender in a glass and handing it to me. It looks green and shady.

"Are you trying to kill me?", I ask her, yet already drink the smoothie like a shot. I don't question the safety of that smoothie. This girl is my best friend. I know she wouldn't poison me.

Her boyfriend might though, after I completely wrecked his car.

Aria only smirks, and heads back to the stove, where she is making some pancakes. "Duncan called earlier", she tells me, her voice becoming grave. "He wondered where you are, I told him you're sick. You're lucky today is practice only and not the Prix."

Fair point. My team principal hates me enough anyway after what I did.

"He did ask you to meet him for a meeting later", she continues, now looking at me and putting a pancake on the plate in front of me.

"Does he really?", I try saving myself.

She offers me a pitiful look. "I talked with Lewis, Chris and Fabio, who offered to cover for you, to which Duncan only says he wants you. I'm sorry."

I nod, since it really isn't her fault.

Some new footsteps coming our way, and we can see a small girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a pink sleeping gown and some purple flip flops with unicorns on them. There is a sleeping mask matching her shoes on the top of her head and a plush unicorn-mermaid-like-thing in her hand.

"Morning, sweetie", Aria tells her daughter. Winnie only nods, the girl yawning as she walks with her eyes still closed through the room. She somehow finds the chair next to mine and tries to climb it like Spider-Man. I offer her a hand, lifting her up and placing her on the chair. Aria thanks me with a smile, before she places some pancakes on Winnie's plate, her getting special treatment and even getting strawberries.

"I didn't get strawberries", I comment, getting jealous over a six-year-old.

That gets Winnie's attention, who opens her eyes and sticks her tongue out at me, suddenly more awake than ever, as her Mom ain't looking.

Aria only shrugs, and Winnie puts a smile on her face, hiding any evidence as Aria turns back around.

"Where's Daddy?", Winnie asks.

"He's at the track, we're meeting him later. I thought we could go visit the town first. The people here are known for making the best chocolate."

Winnie seems convinced, and honestly, so am I.

"Am I also invited?", I ask.

Winnie offers me a side-eye, as Aria nods. "Yeah, I thought a break might be good for you. You know, a bit of fresh air to get your mind off things."

I look at her thankfully. It's then Little Miss Sassy decides to strike back.

"You smell like unicorn poop."

Aria can't help but chuckle, as I look confused at Winnie.

"Like what?!"

"Unicorn poop."

"But unicorns poop rainbows", I try to come in my rescue. "Wouldn't that mean I smell great?"

"Unicorns eat sweeties. And Mommy said too many sweeties make you poop a lot. And we don't like poop. But unicorns only eat sweeties, so they have to poop."

I give Aria a WTF look. She only shrugs amused and takes a bite from a pancake.

"Then where do rainbows come from?"

"It's from the wands of the fairies riding the unicorns."

"So every time it rains, fairies go ride unicorns so they can see rainbows?"

Winnie only nods.

"Ain't it too wet for them?"

Aria starts critically thinking about it, but Winnie shakes her head convinced. "You ride your car when it rains. Your car is your unicorn."

"And what is my magic wand?"

Winnie smirks now. "The trophy, but Daddy wins that."

Ladies and gentlemen, I just lost to a six-year-old.

Aria offers me a complimentary strawberry, high fiving with her daughter though.

I try to act offended, but I can't longer than five seconds. When no one notices, I lift my hand putting it in front of my mouth, and check my breath. Shit, it does smell bad, probably after that smoothie.

I make a note to myself to go brush my teeth before we leave. One doesn't want to smell like unicorn poop after all.