Chapter 21

YVONNE

Levi drives us to the parking lot. We had breakfast at a nice café in Melbourne, to start making our social presence. I have honestly never felt more anxious. When being with Levi, I feel the magnifying glass on me multiply by thousand times. There are always people watching, whispering, taking photos. I have never thought about it like that.

"So, we're meeting Ezra at the entrance. He's the one I told you about, the one whose girlfriend is playing today. Ezra is driving for Rune, that's the team that's always in dark purple."

I nod, knowing I'll forget everything in five minutes time, given how big my nerves are.

"Two other drivers will be there. Elias Bryant, also from Rune, comes from Monaco. He's coming with his current girlfriend, I'll introduce you to her. Her name is Florence, but we all call her Lory. She's a photographer, I think. I don't know. I've met her a few times so far, and at official functions only. She's one of the newest wags, to be honest. Anyway, the other driver coming is Axel Enar. He's driving for Ledge. He's from Sweden, and as far as I know, he's seeing someone, but hasn't brought her here. But again, I'm not sure. Aria is more into this type of things."

"Thanks", I whisper.

He looks at me confused. "For?"

"The introduction", I answer.

He smiles. "No problem, dove. That's what I'm here for. We're in this together."

A soft smile blooms on my lips too.

~

My first thought is that we might be overdressed. In my short white Chanel dress, black heels and sunglasses on the top of my head matching the color of my shoes, I seem more likely to go to a fashion show than to watch a match. Levi also got all dressed up. Black shirt, the sleeves rolled. He said it is rolled for style, I know it is because he wants to show his muscles. Then a pair of white pants and some black sneakers.

We couldn't be more matching.

Fingers curled with mine, he leads the way to where we're supposed to meet Ezra. Again, people are watching, but as if he knew I'm innerly freaking out, he brushes a kiss on my temple and places his arm on my shoulder, pulling me even closer to him.
There are a few fans stopping him on the way, and Levi stops every time, talking to them, answering questions, saying thank you when they wish us a happy marriage, signing autographs. I smile and also nod thankfully, every time someone congratulates us.

As we arrive at a large building, we can hear someone call: "Dyer".

Levi turns around, and since his arm is still on my shoulder, so do I. He smiles as he discovers the owner of that voice. A guy, chocolate skin tone, hair cut very short, almost shaved, is looking at us from behind some black sunglasses. He's wearing a dark purple shirt, some black pants and some white sneakers.

"Dude can't breathe without his purple", Levi mumbles, his lips sunk in my hair so that the guy doesn't hear. It's then Levi smiles again, and we walk towards him.

"So great to have you here, man", the guy I think is Ezra says. Levi lets go of me for a few seconds to give him a bro hug, his arm then back around my shoulder, fingers intertwined.

"Thank you for having us. Ezra, meet Yvonne, my gorgeous wife. Dove, meet Ezra. One of my fellow drivers."

I nod as if Levi hasn't told me Ezra's entire life story on the way here so I can be prepared, and reach out my hand to shake his. Ezra settles with a kiss on my hand.