Chapter 22

YVONNE

Levi is holding my hand and shields me from the many people around as we make our way through the paddock. I'd say there are over twenty people trying to get his attention and talk to him, many more around us. He stops and gives autographs, all while still holding me with one hand. There are a bunch of cameras on us, the ones of the fans and one that kept travelling with us. Two people are part of Levi's crew; Finn, Levi's engineer, the one who speaks with him through the team radios. He seems maybe just a few years older than Levi. And then there is Martha, the head of PR at APOLLO.

We continue walking, that one big camera still following us.

"Say hi to Netflix, dove", Levi tells me as he notices me look at it.

Netflix? Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls... Levi Dyer?!

"Drive to Survive", the cameraman explains. I nod understanding and wave a bit at the camera.

"They are probably doing an episode on my life. You know, how I almost lost my job and all", Levi continues telling me, seeming unfazed. Then, back at the cameraman: "Do I at least get a cool episode name?"

"What do you mean?", I ask him.

Levi smirks. "Well, in the episode showing how Lewis came back to racing, the name was "Chasing Starboy". The one in which Astoria won constructors, they got "Forza Astoria". The one in which Lewis won World Champion, "Dream in black in blue". The ones about me had names like "Levi won", or "Dyer on top"."

"We thought you liked the names", the cameraman counters.

Levi smirks. "At the time. But try seeing countless of edits with the screenshot from "Dyer on top", then people writing "Of me". I'm a married man now."

My cheeks flush pink, as the cameraman chuckles. "That's for sure coming in the episode."

"It better be. Let the world know. Anyone comes closer than five fucking feet to my wife, and they lose a kidney."

"Levi", I can hear Martha exhale. "That's not nice."

"Did you think it was nice, baby?", he asks me, his forehead placed on mine, our noses touching.

I nod, getting a bit too lost in his eyes. He brushes a kiss on my temple and continues walking, his mouth twitched.

The cameraman still follows us, yet Finn and Levi start talking as if he weren't. They talk about the last race, who might win today (hopefully APOLLO), some changes a team called OAKLEY made to the car. I take my time looking around. All the ones in the group I'm in are wearing the APOLLO official colors, black and blue. Levi in his sponsor T-Shirt, the cap with his number "83" on it. The other are also wearing the same T-Shirt, but no cap. Finn has one, but not with Levi's number, yet just the APOLLO logo.

I also tried to matched the colors. I'm wearing a black Summer dress with dark blue heels and a dark blue purse, black sunglasses on. The only other color would be the red on my lips, but that doesn't count.

A new camera appears, and I find a hand reached out to meet mine. "Hey, I'm Castile. I'm for Women of the Paddock. Mind if I take a picture of you?"

I nod and smile, the woman snapping a picture. She thanks me and Levi refinds his hand in mine, as we continue our walk.

We finally arrive at the APOLLO garage, where team members fuss around. Carrying tires, checking statistics on monitors, analysing different numbers.