The ball | 32

Nyx took one last look at herself in the mirror

Nyx took one last look at herself in the mirror. There, in the reflection, she could see a raven-haired girl with onyx eyes staring back at her. Her mouth slightly opened from how stunned she was to how she looked. Although she never really cared about how she looked, she couldn't deny the fact that she looked absolutely stunning in the dress she wore.

The gown was black, only cascading to a sort of bluish-black at the bottom of the dress, thin straps of black strapped over her shoulders to keep the dress in place, and golden constellations and stars were dotted mostly at the top, causing it to shimmer in the light of her room, making her ballgown stand out even more. Her gown showed a bit of her cleavage but not too much to be called inappropriate.

To be honest, the dress' material felt itchy upon rubbing against her skin. But fortunately, the feeling wasn't too uncomfortable to tolerate.

Although the dress was long enough to cover her feet, she picked out a rather nice-looking pair of black heels to match her dress. Its straps were strapped around her ankles tightly but comfortably enough for her to walk in without the area aching.

She had decided to let her hair down, pulling two large handfuls of hair from either side of her head then tying them together, clipping an accessory over the knot to hide it. The accessory was shaped like a moon, a few chains of stars chained to it. Almost like her black hair was the darkness, while the moon and the stars hung there in the night.

And finally, the most important piece of accessory, according to her, was the Deathly Hallows necklace. She placed it over her head where its chain was now pressed against her collarbone and its symbol pressed onto her chest.

It probably wasn't the brightest idea to carry around a symbol everyone understood as Grindelwald's symbol but honestly, fuck it. She was going to wear it proudly to symbolize herself as the daughter of Death whether they liked it or not.

After one last check-up in the mirror, she walked out of the room, pocketing her wand into a pocket the dress came with.

To her surprise, just when she was about to turn around and head for the grand staircase, she nearly bumped into a tall figure standing just beside the door waiting for her. At first, she thought it was Caelum waiting to escort her, it was until she looked up did she realized that it was in fact, not Caelum.

Riddle was neatly tidied. His hair, like Caelum's, was ruffled a bit but not too ruffled to look inappropriate. He wore a black suit with a white collared shirt on the inside. He was leaning against the wall, one hand in the pocket while waiting for her to come out of her room. Once his eyes landed on her figure who almost crashed into him, she straightened his posture and held his arm out, signaling for her to take it. She reluctantly took it and so the two of them walked down the stairs arm-in-arm.