Another pleasant conversation? | 5

Nyx had become aware of Riddle appearing almost every corner she turned and had tried to approach her every time but she wasn't looking for a conversation with him. Caelum, who seemed to have caught on on his friend's alertness had noticed her looking at Tom Riddle before hurrying away to conclude that it was him she was hiding from. Of course he was worried for his friend's sake but she wouldn't tell him about the things going on with her and Riddle. Fortunately for her, he sensed her discomfort with the subject so he dropped it but she would catch him glaring at Riddle a few times when he spotted the prefect.

"I'll see you in the library after your Care of Magical Creatures class." Said Caelum after he was done shoving down his lunch in a non-polite manner. "I'll see you there." She responded and giving him a smile, she headed off to the edge of the Forbidden forest where the class takes place. When she arrived, she saw Leo Skyler, a Ravenclaw boy with dark blonde hair sitting on a smooth rock on the ground, reading what looked to be Newt Scamander's book, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.' He didn't look up when she approached him so she took that as a sign that he was too deep in the book or he just didn't want to speak to her so instead, she started to walk around the area waiting for the professor to arrive.

It was just her and Skyler when the lesson started. Professor Kettleburn was about to start talking about the course syllabus when a loud panting sound was heard behind of her. She turned around to see the irritating Gryffindor, Hunter Grooves. She remembered being paired up with him in potions in her second year.

Merlin's beard, how his very existence was infuriating.

The boy apologized for being late and to her dissatisfaction, he did not get a scolding he well deserved.

Kettleburn continued his lesson whilst Skyler and her took notes on his every word. They were almost halfway through the lesson when, to her annoyance, Grooves tapped her on the shoulder. She turned her head to meet his face and asked, "what?" Without hiding her venomous tone. Grooves, however, did not seem to have taken notice of it and asked, "do you have a spare piece of paper?" She turned her head back towards her note book and opened the middle of the book and tore a piece of paper. The sound of the paper being torn was loud enough for Skyler to give her a death glare that she returned back but perhaps not loud enough to capture the professor's attention.

She handed the paper to Grooves, hoping that was all he needed so she could get back to noting down the course syllabus but Grooves wasn't done talking yet.

"Do you perhaps have a quill too?" He asked, not getting the hint that she was annoyed.

She searched through her pocket in her robe to find a spare quill. She handed him the quill but added, "I hope to see the quill in the same shape after you use it." She threatened but he only smiled back at her, not taking the threat seriously.

Oh, if only he knew she liked the look of pain and people squirming on the ground by her feet asking for mercy.

But she was brought out of her thoughts when his voice sounded.

"When I saw you and Leo noting down on the paper while I was just sitting there stupidly without doing anything, I felt out of place, get it?" She did not answer him although how hard she tried to block his voice out, his voice seemed loud in her ears as if his mouth was right next to her ear. "Have you ever felt out of place?" He asked and she could detect a hint of sadness and curiosity in his tone. She turned around to face him and she was able to notice his hazel eyes showing so much unspeakable emotions that mostly contained unhappiness.

Suddenly, the urge to comfort him kicked in out of nowhere and she hated that urge. She was suppose to hate this boy, she was suppose to be cold and heartless to everyone around her, although not including Caelum. She didn't say anything but let her harsh gaze soften long enough for him to notice and turned back to the lesson.

~——————————————~

Class ended and Skyler was the first one to get up from the hard floor and leave to head back to the castle and quickly followed by Grooves. Nyx wasn't sure whether she should follow after the Gryffindor boy to ask about his well-being or to go to the library right away. It seemed like she was fighting the urge to be a nice and decent person for once and the urge to forget about the whole encounter and go back to her usual self. She was standing there waiting for the battle of her angel and devil to finish. After what felt like a whole hour, it seemed like the devil on her shoulder won so she made her way towards the library.

When she arrived, she spotted her best friend sitting at the far back of the library, away from all the other students. But what made her eyebrow raise in a suspicious manner was her friend's company. There, sat Abraxas Malfoy, Aiden Rosier, Corvus Lestrange and Tom Riddle.

She approached the group but her eyes never left Tom Riddle's figure. Finally, when she reached their table, her onyx eyes snapped back to Caelum's warm brown ones and he gave an apologetic smile. "They wanted to sit with us." Was all he said. She eyed Riddle suspiciously one last time before pulling out a chair to sit next to Caelum and opposite to Malfoy.

She started with writing an essay on charms. Much to her annoyance, professor Flitwick had ordered a twelve inch essay about the spell he  taught in the class today.

Her full attention should have been on her essay in front of her, she had divided half of her attention to the conversation between the boys around her. Caelum and Malfoy were talking amongst themselves about the type of girls they find attractive, Rosier and Lestrange seemed to be bickering on something, a bet she presumed after hearing the words 'galleons' rolling out of Lestrange's mouth. Although this was a library, the two boys weren't trying to lower their voices at all, making them earn a few glares from the students nearby.

And lastly was Riddle. He, like her, was doing his homework or was just doing light reading but there was a time she looked up from her paper to glare at the two arguing boys was when she caught a flicker of annoyance in Riddle's eyes. He was possibly annoyed with the lot too.

She was nowhere near done with her essay when the period ended and the next class period started. Since she had two free periods, she continued to stay in the library and finish her work. Her head was in a large book about the spell she had learned in the class when she heard the scraping of the chairs against the floor loudly. She looked up to see Caelum, Malfoy, Rosier and Lestrange getting up to depart for their next class. She said her goodbyes to Caelum and turned back to her work when realization struck.

Caelum, Malfoy, Rosier and Lestrange. No Riddle.

Her eyes slowly drifted to the boy in front of her whose attention was now on her.

So this was his plan all along.

"I wasn't quite done with our last conversation."