A tragic Death | 14

September ended and October began. The weather was still wet but colder. The breeze started to pick up its pace making the trees blow along with the gushes of the wind.

Nyx was in her dormitory, sitting on her bed continuing her read on Death Omens. She just had the opportunity to continue reading it since she finished all of her schoolwork. There would be the occasional sound of pages being flipped and the sound of Abigail's cat purring.

Abigail had recently got a tabby brown cat as company, Nyx suggested, which helped her roommate a lot. There wasn't any more screaming in the middle of the night or crying. Although deep down she felt a pang of jealousy that the cat was the one to stop her nightmares and not her.

Their other roommate was who-knows-where. It had become a routine for their other roommate, Flora Evergreen to disappear in the night and return by day or it was either the other way around. Sometimes she would return with bruises on her neck and with swollen lips and sometimes she would return with the wrong uniform and messy hair. Though, every time this happened, Abigail would start giggling madly which would make the other girl's already blushed face turn a deeper red. But in the end, Abigail would drop the topic and the tension would cease.

Flora and Nyx haven't spoken to each other much even though she had gotten closer to Abigail. Flora just seemed, out of reach. But it didn't quite matter to her, if Flora wasn't going to make a move to befriend her, she wasn't going to either.

Abigail's tabby cat, Dorothy, hopped onto Nyx's bed and lay there, right next to her figure. She watched her tail flick side to side and the purring continued. To be honest, it was a comforting sound and in the end, she fell asleep beside Dorothy whilst Abigail watched the two interact from afar. A smile forming on her freckled face.

~——————————————~

She woke up to a soft body cuddling beside her. Once looking down, she saw it was Abigail's cat. Dorothy was fast asleep and purring even more loudly. She quietly got up, trying to not wake the cat up, and looked at the time.

18:04.

Her eyes widened in alarm and she quickly rushed out of the dormitory, out of the warm common room, and out into the cold dungeons. She had an appointment with Caelum at six o'clock for dance lessons and she was already late for her first one. She rushed up the cold stone steps until she reached the bottom of the one hundred-and-two stairs.

Damn the person who thought of the idea.

After she had met up with Riddle and talked in the Room of Requirement, she told Caelum about the secret room and so when they didn't know where to have their dance lessons, he proposed the Room.

And it's on the seventh floor.

She sighed and trudged up the steps, cursing along the way.

~————————————~

She pushed the door open and walked in. This time, the room's walls were mirrors, there was a chandelier hanging above her head and a wooden floor, perfect for dancing. Her eyes finally landed on the figure of Caelum. She gave him an awkward smile and walked towards him. "You're really late." He said, stopping two feet in front of her. "You're just early." He laughed it off and held out a hand for her to take. She took it and he started instructing her.

"I'm going to be holding your left hand and your waist. Your right-hand holds my left whilst the other holds my shoulder. Got it?"