•16•

"I don't get why they're so keen on throwing you a birthday bash," Namjoon grumbled, irritation etched on his face.

"Well, Uncle and Auntie adore me, that's why!" Seokjin retorted, rolling his eyes while rifling through the newly arrived party attire. The stylist had already preened his hair and applied makeup.

"The entire nation adore you, but they're not throwing parties for your birthday," Namjoon pointed out, his forehead creasing with a scowl as Seokjin shot him a glare.

"What's bothering you, Joonie?" Seokjin inquired, abandoning his clothes to shuffle over to where Namjoon stood.

"The problem is, I won't be able to be by your side the entire time. The problem is, you'll be dancing with Prince Taehyung," Namjoon grumbled, a scowl forming on his forehead.

"Oh, so my Joonie is feeling jealous," Seokjin teased, giggling as Namjoon shot him a glare.

"Yes, please, laugh at my expense," Namjoon muttered, and Seokjin gently took his hands, placing them on his waist and wrapping his own arms around Namjoon's neck.

"What's the point? You know I love you, right?" Seokjin stated, a smirk tugging at Namjoon's lips.

"You love me?" Namjoon questioned, pulling him closer. Seokjin rolled his eyes.

"Of course, why else would I waste my time with you?" he quipped, and Namjoon's smile deepened, his dimples showing.

"But I won't be able to restrain myself if Taehyung tries to kiss you," Namjoon confessed, caressing Seokjin's waist.

"Really? And what would you do?" Seokjin asked, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

"I'll kiss you in front of everyone, little one," Namjoon husked, and Seokjin tiptoed closer.

"Then kiss me," he challenged. Namjoon pulled him closer, and their lips collided in a passionate kiss.

Their kiss was a tender embrace of affection, a gentle intertwining of lips that spoke volumes of their deep connection.

Seokjin's lips, plush and warm, met Namjoon's with a softness that belied the intensity of their feelings. Each brush of their lips against the other's sent shivers of delight coursing through their bodies, igniting a fire that burned with the purest of passions.

Namjoon's hands, strong yet tender, cradled Seokjin's waist, pulling him closer in a silent declaration of devotion. Their bodies melded together in perfect harmony, as if they were two halves of a whole finally reunited.

And as they reluctantly parted, their foreheads pressed together. They leaned in for another kiss, only to be interrupted by a knock at the door. Hastily, they separated as Yoongi entered the room.

Namjoon stood obediently with his hands clasped in front of him, slightly apart from Seokjin.

"You're still not ready, cotton ball. Hurry up, we're running late," Yoongi urged, noticing Seokjin's awkward stance amidst the scattered clothes on his bed.

"Yeah, I was just about to change," Seokjin replied, attempting to regain his composure.

"Why are you so red?" Yoongi inquired, concern evident in his voice as he approached Seokjin.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked, gently placing the back of his hand on Seokjin's forehead.

"I'm fine, dumpling!" Seokjin brushed his hand away with a nervous laugh, noticing Namjoon trying to stifle his amusement from the corner of his eye.

"Are you sure, baby?" Yoongi persisted, his worry lingering.

"Of course, dumpling! You go ahead, I'll join you in a few minutes," Seokjin reassured him with a smile. Yoongi nodded and then exited the room.