•11•

Taehyung was joyfully humming along to his favorite tune while navigating the car. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a boy appeared in front of him.

Swiftly, he slammed on the brakes, only to witness the boy collapsing onto the ground.

"Oh dear." Taehyung swiftly exited his car, rushing over to the fallen boy.

"Hey, can you open your eyes? Are you okay?" Taehyung inquired anxiously, but the boy remained unresponsive.

With concern etched on his face, Taehyung cradled the boy in his arms and gestured to his guards, who offered assistance, politely declining their help, he carefully carried the lad back to his car.

Upon arriving at the palace, Taehyung wasted no time in seeking medical aid. The doctor promptly examined the boy and assured Taehyung that he would regain consciousness by morning.

Jungkook opened his eyes, finding himself in an unfamiliar place. Instinctively, he pulled his knees closer, surveying the opulent surroundings. The room exuded luxury, but he couldn't recall how he ended up there.

"Oh, you're up?" A deep, masculine voice broke the silence, causing Jungkook to shrink further into his seat.

"Hi, I'm Taehyung," the man named Taehyung approached him.

Fear gripped Jungkook, manifesting in trembling limbs.

"Hey, take it easy. You're safe. I'm a prince," Taehyung assured, noting Jungkook's distress.

A sense of relief washed over Jungkook.

"What's your name?" Taehyung inquired, observing the innocence in the boy's eyes, contrasting with visible bruises on his face and neck.

The doctor had clarified that Jungkook hadn't fainted due to Taehyung's car; it hadn't hit him at all.

"J-Jungkook," the boy stammered.

"Okay, relax. Please, what do you want to eat?" Taehyung settled in front of him.

"Banana milk," Jungkook replied, his shakes subsiding, though he remained in the same huddled position.

"Alright," Taehyung instructed the maids to fetch banana milk and some food.

"What were you doing late at night on the road?" Taehyung inquired.

"I-I was running from the boys," Jungkook admitted.

"Which boys?" Taehyung's expression turned serious.

"In the orphanage," Jungkook confessed, nervously biting his lips.

"You live in an orphanage?" Taehyung's heart melted at the innocence displayed by the young boy.

"Y-yes," Jungkook nodded.

"Okay, calm down. Here, eat this," Taehyung handed him the food.

Jungkook began eating, and Taehyung observed, realizing it seemed like the boy hadn't eaten for months.

After finishing the meal Taehyung handed Jungkook a set of clothes and encouraged him to take a refreshing shower.

As the warm water washed away the grime, Jungkook opened up about the harsh reality he faced at the orphanage – how the other boys formed a group against him, subjecting him to assaults, with no one taking a stand.

Taehyung's anger surged upon hearing Jungkook's plight. "Don't worry, I'll address this issue," he reassured, placing a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I-I don't want to go back there, hyung," Jungkook confessed, drawing closer.

"You won't have to, Jungkook," Taehyung assured, gently patting his head. "You'll stay here with me," he added, offering a reassuring smile that elicited a reciprocal one from Jungkook.