Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Beep! Beep! Beep!*

I groan and get up to stop the horrendous sound of my stupid alarm clock. Who invented these things anyways?

"8 o'clock? It's practically dawn!" I mumble to myself. I look up to my ceiling and day dream about the trip to Miami. To be completely honest... I'm extremely nervous to meet Austin. Me. Nervous... Strange. What if Alex is right and he's perfect for me? Who am I kidding, nobody has ever asked me out, or looked at me in a different way. Why would it change now? I'm pretty average, I have long dark almost black hair and green eyes. Nothing special. Although I have heard that only about 1-2% of the world population has green eyes, so I shouldn't be complaining. I guess I'm a pretty okay height for my age, 5'5- short but at 16 that's alright for my petite frame. I get up from my bed and check the time again, 9:46 am. Ahhh, that's more like it. I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth and hair, then I get changed into a flowery top. jean shorts, and yellow Vans to match most of the flowers on my top. I pair the outfit with an owl necklace and tie my hair in a messy bun. I grab my phone and wallet and head downstairs.

"Mornin,'" my mom greets me.

"Hey mom!" I respond as she sets down a delicious looking plate of eggs, bacon, and waffles in front of me. Yum.

"Are you excited about the trip to Miami?" she asks, halfway through breakfast.

"I don't know. I wasen't happy about it at first, but I considered what you said about it last night and this morning," I say, happily munching on the crunchy bacon.

"Well I have a feeling that you're going to enjoy it. Miami is absolutely amazing. Beautiful beaches, cool shops, hot guys... You're going to have so much fun!"

"I hope so. Alex is introducing me to his other best friend Austin," I say quietly, blushing when I remember the comment Alex made on Austin and I being a perfect couple.

"Do you like him? Is he cute? Oh my God! You're blushing!" she exclaims excitedly.

"What? Mom! I don't even know him, and I've never seen him before!" I say, blushing a little more. She smiles knowingly, but before she can say anything else, my cell phone rings. I check the caller ID- Alex's name and a stupid picture of us is on the screen.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey, we're outside. Mall today for last minute shopping. Hurry out,"

"Kkay, give me a minute,"

"Alright," he says, hanging up. I grab my empty plate and set it in the sink, along with my half filled cup of milk.

"Going to the mall today with Alex, see you later," I say to my mom, grabbing my phone.

"Have fun. Be safe!" she yells through a bagel filled mouth.

"I know! Bye, love you," I say walking to the front door.

"By sweetie, love you too!" I hear as I lock it. Walking down the familiar gravel path outside, I look at my group of friends; Alex, Tyler, Zach, Robert, and my girl best friend, Aubrey, waiting for me at the end of my driveway. To think... I've only known these people for about a year and a half and we're already extremely close. I feel like I've known them my entire life.

"Hey guys!" I say, smiling brightly.

"Aria!" Aubrey yells, jumping on me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Uh, she kinda has to breath Aub," Robert says, noticing my lack of breath. She quickly lets go and mumbles a short "sorry," smiling sheepishly.

"Thanks," I say, smiling at Robert.

"So the mall?" Zach says.

"Oh yeah! C'mon!" Alex says. Aubrey, Alex and I head towards Alex's car while Zach, Robert and Tyler get into Zach's car.