Pack Meeting

Ember's POV

Hunter and I decided we would walk together to the pack meeting- apparently Alex has some important information to share with the pack. Hunter and I playfully goof off on our way over taking our sweet time. We arrived and we were blended with the crowd and mushed in somewhere I'm sure a little further back from the middle. Everyone was talking among themselves wondering why the Alpha called a pack meeting. "Has he found his Luna?" Someone asked "Is it about the crescent moon ball coming up?" Another voice asked. "Could it be about the rogues? I heard there's one staying among us!" I heard another. "I bet it's about the great hunt coming up!" "Maybe it's about the wolfsbane plant population growing and getting harder to control?" "Maybe he wants to tell us about a get together he's decided to do this year" voice after voice outwardly wondering what was going on. I couldn't help but wonder myself.

"Hello everyone, I'm sure you are all excited and wanting to know why I have called you all for a pack meeting, if we could just settle down for a moment." Alex said to the crowd. Instantly everyone was quiet and looking to him. "Uhm" he cleared his throat. "Right, so I have gathered you all to explain a few things, it wouldn't feel right to leave you all in the dark so I would like to announce that first off, I have indeed found my mate." He said. I paled instantly hearing this and the loud gasps and murmurs of people, even some huffing. "You all knew of a Rogue by the name of Ember, but what you all don't know is she is actually the daughter of our late Alpha! She also happens to be my mate- so I would like to ask you all kindly- please treat her with the utmost respect! She is not marked yet- however this will be done soon- if she will have me of course." He beamed out looking directly at me causing murmurs and gasps and even some cheers as some people looked back at me. Hunter grabbed my hand as I stood there frozen and guided me along through the crowd to the front and stood me next to Alex. He took my hand in his and kissed the top of my hand gently sending sparks shooting through my hand and up my arm. This caused the entire crowd to erupt in cheers. Blushing, the only thing I knew to do was to smile at him and wave at them. He reminded everyone about the crescent moon ball approaching soon and then dismissed everyone back to their regular duty's. Hunter informed me that I would be going to a smaller more intimate meeting with Alex, Archer, and Carter, while she would be returning to do border patrol. I quickly gave her a hug while Alex led me to his study in the pack house.

Once we got inside the study, to my surprise he didn't let go of my hand. Instead he led me over to his desk and sat in his chair and pulled me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waste. Bay and Carter finally arrived and closed the door behind them and began the meeting.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter but I will be back on here soon to update this: it's almost time for things to get really good and detailed 🫣