The Falls

how the falls look during the day.

Ember's POV

I walked to the water's edge. I decided there was no harm in going in the water- I couldn't however risk ruining my clothes- so I looked around ensuring I was alone and proceeded to strip off my clothes, tucking them under a nearby tree. Naked as the day I was born I proceeded towards the water's edge yet again. I stuck a single toe in testing the water, seemed okay enough. I proceeded to get in gliding over the rocks with ease, soon enough the water was to my waste. I shivered as the water kissed my skin sending chills all over my body, I uncrossed my arms and decided to go under. Once my hair was wet, I swam in further enjoying a good swim that I hadn't had in so long. I swam all the way to the fall and went under and sat on the rocks below shielding me away like a blanket. I leaned back and enjoyed the sound of nature for a while. Deciding after about an hour of just relaxing I wanted to swim a bit more, sliding back into the Luke-warm water I swam out from under the falls. Suddenly a familiar scent washed over me, cedar and pine. 

Alexander's POV

I found myself drawn to that little fall in the woods tonight. Unsure why I made my way hastily towards it. Soon enough I made my way to a small clearing front. looking at the ground something shiny caught my attention. I walked over to the shiny object- a crescent moon necklace and noticed it was lying in a pile of clothes that smelled of Vanilla and Rosewater. I quickly realized- Ember- she's out here somewhere. It wasn't unusual for a wolf to strip their clothes before shifting, but I had a sneaking suspicion that is not what she had done with their being a decent body of water here. I looked up as my eyes adjusted to the dark and scanned over the water, and like she knew I had arrived she surfaced the water just a small way from the falls themselves. I watched as she swam in my direction, panicking slightly but to engrossed to move my feet planted firmly where I stood, unmoving. I watched as she continued towards me even when she could touch- could she not see me? No that wasn't it. 

Her top half coming out of the water I watched as her nipples hardened from the slight breeze, water dripping elegantly down her body and past her curves. I would be lying if I said I wanted to stop looking. I couldn't take my gaze away as she was soon fully out of the water approaching me still yet. "Alpha." she stated in a beautiful melodic voice. I couldn't help but take in the all-natural naked beauty before me, the way her curves dipped just right and hips widen right as they should, all of her woman hood exposed to me. I tried my best to keep my composure- not letting my wolf take over. "I would appreciate my necklace back." she stated calmly. looking down and realizing I still had her necklace in my hand, I held it out for her. "What are you doing out here at this time of night. It's not safe." I said without thinking. 

I was thinking it wasn't safe from rogues, but she was a rogue. I couldn't believe my fates. I shrugged my thoughts away. "I'll be fine. I've always been drawn here, ever since I was a little girl, I guess I just happened to remember the way." she stated pulling her shirt on over her head and grabbing the necklace from my hands. Something in me want to grab her and tell her she shouldn't be wondering around at night alone and the other part of me knew she could handle herself. I had a feeling this girl was going to be trouble. Normally I wouldn't be fighting the bond of a mate but a rogue? No, I couldn't possibly accept such a thing. I will help her and send her on her way. I will reject her if it becomes too much, and I will have a chosen mate. One that will be good for my pack. powerful. gentle. loyal. not a rogue. But still, I couldn't argue with the simple fact that she was breathtakingly beautiful. Normally, I would have been overjoyed to have such a beautiful mate, but in this situation it will just complicate things. I am already feeling these emotions that I don't wish to have. Leaving me no choice but to come off as cold and distant. 

"I will save you some time and head back, it's late anyway." she said quietly. "I'll walk you." replied. We walked back in silence. I didn't attempt to say anything, afraid to have to explain too much about why I'm keeping her at arm's length. So, we walked, and I wouldn't admit it, but it was nice just to enjoy some company for a change. after about 15 minutes we arrived back at the packhouse. "Thank you." she said quietly looking at her feet as she scurried off to her room. I went to my bathroom and did my nightly routine and pulled on some grey sweatpants and pulled the covers over me. I laid their looking at the ceiling my thoughts consumed by the fiery haired beauty. My thoughts drifted back to the scene at the falls, I found myself wondering who her family could be and if maybe- just maybe- it would change things, and I wouldn't have to reject the lonely rogue girl.