Changes

Ember's POV

Last night Charlie and I had a great time. When I got up I decided to go ahead and shower and get ready while Charlie had breakfast and promised to hang out like that another night. I wore a nice pair of ripped skinny jeans a tie dye tank top and matching hoodie and a light purple beanie, of course I wore my multi colored nose ring today as well. I felt good. After breakfast the plan is to spend the day learning about the pack with my brother. I made my way down stairs to the hall-late as ever- for breakfast. I was stepping into the hall when suddenly I was hit with a severe hot flash and my vision started to blur a bit. Wobbling I looked for someone for help and before I could ask I was hit with a wave of pain and everything when black.

I woke to the sound of shuffling feet. My head was throbbing and the only thing I could do was thank Goddess I was somehow tucked away in my room. I peered my eyes open and tried to sit up- looking around. To my surprise there were a few people in my room. For starters Alpha Alex was pacing the room and stopped when he noticed me awake- my aunt and a strange guy, who I could only guess was my cousin since he was holding Charlie's hand tightly, and my brother, Carter and to my surprise, Hunter was there as well. "How do you feel? Don't get up too fast!" Alex told me. Confused I sat up fully. "What happened?" I asked. "You've come into your power darling!" My aunt beamed. I looked down, I didn't feel any different than before. "Your hair! Girl your hair looks so cool!" Charlie spoke. Another wave of confusion swept over me. I ran into the bathroom for a look before anyone could stop me. The person looking back at me in the mirror was a total stranger- my hair looked black with ashy grey ends and oddly enough I expected my eyes to change but I never expected to feel or look- prettier? My left eye was now a glowing golden color and my right- if possible- seemed to be glowing and brighter than usual. I looked stronger too. My jaw line was more defined my cheeks higher my nose- at least that stayed the same- but my eyes with their newfound color seemed bigger and doe-like. I was at a loss for words and couldn't help but touch my face as I inspected everything about me. I walked out of the bathroom and walked straight into my bed before everything went black again.

When I woke up this time- no one was there- with the exception of one, in the far right hand corner. I let my eyes adjust and soon was surprised to find Alex in the chair, golden orbs directed straight at me. "You seemed to be really tired again, but this time you made it back to your bed before you passed out again." He told me. I nodded. My mouth was dry and I tried my best to speak. "W-what time is it? How long have I been out?" He stood up now slowly walking closer until he sat on the bed. "All-together you've been out for about a week. Your aunt said that was normal for your bloodline when they are coming into their powers." He whispered to me. I nodded again and he seemed to understand. "If you have the energy we can go downstairs and I'll get you something to drink- and I'm sure your hungry so I can make you something to eat to?" He said in more of a question. I gave him a small smile and nodded. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I gave him a chance, he seems to really care. 'Of course he does. He's our mate.' My wolf said. She sounded different- more, powerful? I got up and wobbled a little bit and Alex put his arm around my waste to steady me. That's when I noticed I was in a large black t-shirt. I peered down the top of the shirt, oh good I still have undies on. He seemed to take notice that I had checked and gave a small chuckle. "Don't worry, Charlie and Hunter changed you." "Oh okay" was all I managed to squeak out. We walked down and I sat at the table before my legs gave out. "So tomorrow if you'd like your aunt and cousin would like to start your training." He said casually like this wasn't the biggest deal of my life. "Corina said you finding your brother must've triggered your powers to come in." He continued, handing me a glass of water. I chugged it down and wet my lips. "How long till I feel normal again?" I asked him, he shot me an amused look. "I don't think you'll ever feel normal again, but I think you'll have your strength back by morning." He told me as he grabbed two pieces of bread and some cheese. "Sooo" I proceeded to say "what now?" I questioned. "You'll train and learn to harness your gifts." I nodded and sat there quietly. Soon he placed a delicious looking fried bologna sandwich in front of me. I absolutely devoured it. We made our way back up to the bedrooms in silence. I went to head towards my room when he stopped me. "Actually, ember, I was kinda wondering if you'd come stay in my room for the night- j-just so I can k-keep an eye on you of course." He said quickly avoiding eye contact. I couldn't help the slight blush that crept its way onto my cheeks. "Sure, but where would I sleep alpha?" I asked quietly. "It's Alex to you." He said sternly. "You can sleep in my bed, I won't touch I promise, unless you want me to." He smirked. Cocky bastard.  I nodded in agreement and followed him into his room.