{7} we finally meet 🌸

Last Part: Blossom

The stranger has leaded us into a huge library - and when I say huge, I mean huge. I think I have never seen more books in my life, and as someone who wants to study literature, this is nothing to take lightly.
We stop at a chaotic desk, filled with many books, papers and everything that makes a working place. He pulls a heavy, antic-looking book out of the mess, opening it to a random page.
"Luna, where are we right now?", he looks at me in expectation, making me narrow my eyes in confusion.
"You are either trying to get on my nerves or this question is going somewhere.", I try to answer in a nonchalant manner, yet the curiosity and worry is visible in the way my foot stomps rapidly on the floor.
A small smile curls up his face as he places a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widen at the small action and help me cool down my excitement and anxiety. How does he do that?
"It's the latter, princess.", his fingers wander down my arm and eventually drop down on a picture shown in the mysterious book.
My widened eyes widen even more.
"There it is... The 'D'!", I lean down to get a better view, taking in as many details as possible.
He chuckles, strikingly his voice sounds a bit raspy and deep. A detail that shouldn't matter right now...
"What does it stand for?", I ask curiously, looking up at him for a brief moment before I swipe through the pages, noticing pictures of an old-looking building. A school building.
"Decelis.", he answers shortly, stepping up behind me and looking over my shoulder as he points at another picture.
"It's a parallel world of that 'normal' world yours. One year ago, we used to go to the Decelis Academy like normal people. Me and my brothers.", his voice holds something serious now, making my curiosity grow by each second.
"Have you already graduated?"
He shakes his head.
"Then... something happened?", I ask carefully, feeling his body tense up as he is partly leaning on me.
Suddenly, his arms wrap around my waist, pressing my body towards his. My breath hitches, making my cheeks go red and my eyes snap open.
"Do you believe in vampires?"
His question sends chills down my spine.
"V-vampires?", I repeat quietly, his hands squeezing my hips a bit.
His teeth bite my ear lightly, making me gasp in shock. Yet, I'm not pushing him away as I maybe should.
"I have never felt this desirable urge to bite someone like I feel towards you... That's why you're my princess. I'll do anything for you.", he whispers into my ear.
Finally, I decide to do the right thing as my elbow frames into his stomach and pushes him off me. Quickly, I turn around, breathing heavily and feeling my body all heated up. Do I have a fever?
"Okay, enough of this! What do you want from me? Everything you say makes zero sense!", I say in panic, but he doesn't seem to mind my outburst.
No, he only steps closer and looks down on me.
"You are more special than you think, my Luna. If you trust me tonight, I promise you... We will find your best friend. But in order to do that...", he looks at my hands, taking them gently and giving them a soft squeeze,
"...I need to bite you."

My heart stops beating for a brief moment as I look at him. I do not know what is more shocking right now.
The affirmation that everything that has happened in the past few days was no coincidence, that he knows her...
...Sooha...
...or that he said that he not only wants but needs to bite me?

Without giving me time to ask questions, he grabs my hand, leading me out of the library, until we get lost in a chaconne...

...

The next day

Two years have passed since I saw Sooha the last time.

Everyone in school used to call us the sweet twins. Not sweet, because we were outstandingly good-looking or cute. Not twins, because we looked much alike. It was more the fact that we were soulmates. We promised each other to get married if we don't find the perfect man. We had it all planned out.

I spent the last few moments with her in silent darkness. She was distant and cold. She wasn't talking her mind anymore. She build walls around her, and as much as I tried to break through them, I couldn't.

I never did.

But now, the day has come.
Today, on the 20th of March 1988, six boys stand in front of my door, pressing an old polaroid photo of Sooha and me into my hands and saying without even introducing themselves:

"Luna Seoul, right? You need to help us.", a tall boy says, his eyes dark and cold. I gulp a little, widening my eyes and stepping a little back as he steps closer. He looks down at me.
"Sooha... she's in danger. And you're our only hope."

It takes me a good moment before I'm able to speak up. I stare up at the boy in confusion, but the picture draws my attention more. Am I still trapped in this dream? Getting kidnapped and bitten by a stranger who told me that we could get my Sooha back?
"How did you get this picture?", I ask in my serious voice, which comes out rarely.
I'm not the most intimidating looking person, but when it is about the people I love, I show no mercy.
"I'm so sorry for him! Heli,you can't just-", a blond boy with a shiny smile interferes, but gets interrupted himself.
"Step away from her.", a familiar voice says, stepping up behind him.
Once the guy, whose name is apparently Heli, moves aside, my eyes widen.
It is him... Definitely. The stranger. The vampire.
Finally, I can see his face. For the first time, he doesn't hide it from me. Damm, he wasn't wrong when he said I might not handle it.
His sharp jawline, straight nose with the little, yet expressive mole, his sharply formed eyes and perfect looking lips...
...he is breathtaking.

The five other boys look at each other, exchanging knowing looks.
"Solon...", a blonde boy speaks up, looking at the boy whose name was a mystery until now.
So that's his name. Solon.
He pushes everyone away, getting his way to me as he reaches his arms out, pulling me into an unexpected hug. My eyes widen in shock, my arms frozen as my cheeks redden.
"Luna... I'm sorry. I told these idiots to wait a little more before they approach you.", he speaks softly as his fingers run through my hair.
Somehow, I immediately feel relaxed, yet a bit nervous as well. This unusual feeling I still can't define, but goes through my body every time we touch, overcomes me. Countless questions run through my mind, but right now, the only thing that matters is the sound of our heartbeats and the small cherry blossom resting on his back. Taking a deep breath, I brush it off his jacket and pull away to look up at him and the other boys, who for some reason stare at me like I broke a world record or something...
"Come inside... I think a conversation is needed right now.", I gesture with my hand and smile softly, leading them into my small home as they follow without hesitation or questions.

———————————————————————
~1170 words 🌸

heyy, guys!

today's chapter took me longer to write than usual as there are many story-leading things...
from now on, it will only get more exciting, hehe!

see ya soon,
ur author 🩷