{6} drunk-dazed 🍷

Part Two: Bite me

As I look back, I didn't notice that we were in an empty hallway by now. The moment I realize this is the moment he pushes me up against the wall forcefully by grabbing my wrists hardly and towering me with his body. I widen my eyes in shock, looking at him in confusion.
"What-"
"Shh, they're watching us.", he whispers lowly, the cold metal of his rings brushing over my stuttering lips, sending chills down my spine.
I immediately remember what he told me before we went into the "party location", which is an underrated description for the renaissance alike interior design hall if you ask me. However, I need to play along, keeping quiet as I look up at him. His eyes dart from my left to my right eye as he seems to concentrate.
"They're coming...", he leans in and whispers into my ear again, making my bones arch up my throat.
"Remember what I told you, princess. Trust me..."
Now I start to hear the footsteps coming as well. His body blocks my vision as I can't see the person approaching us from behind. When the footsteps intensify, his grip on my wrists tighten to the extend it hurts. My heart is beating fast. I feel nervous and scared, like the last minutes before a math exam in high school. Even though he explained to me a couple things before, I still don't have all the answers. Or to be more precisely, I don't understand the main thing - why he has to bite me.

Suddenly, the sound of loud and quick footsteps disappears, making me look up at the my dance partner in surprise.
"Wait... are they go-", I get cut off as his eyes turn red.
Before I am able to realize it, he bites me on a sensitive spot on my neck. My eyes fall shut as I wince in pain, automatically grabbing his shoulders. His fangs burry deep into my flesh, yet I can tell that he is trying his best to be gentle and in control of his actions. It feels like he is about to suck all of my blood out of my body, making my whole world spin around. I feel dazed. No, drunk-dazed.
Good thing I drank a glass of whine before...
Everything is....
going...
a...s...
p...l... a...nn...e...d...

Earlier...

Pure darkness meets my eyes as I gain consciousness again. It's not a gentle waking up scenario as I immediately sit up, an adrenaline rush kicking in. My breathing quickens as I look around, trying to find anything familiar. Anything that gives me some sort of safety. Luck isn't on my side.
As I look down my body, I notice that I'm laying in a king size bed with red and black bed sheets and curtains, blocking me from the rest of the room. But that's not the strangest thing yet.
A long, pretty exposing, blood-red dress covers my body. I also have sleeves and accessories on, making me look ladylike, which I am obviously not. The longer I stare at everything around me, the worse my anxiety gets.
"I'm dreaming... I'm dreaming... I'm dreaming...", I try to calm myself down, but it only encourages my panic to increase.

Suddenly, the bed curtains snap open, revealing the last person I want to see right now.
The weird stranger who keeps following me.
I pause for a moment, staring up at him as he stares down on me with his piercing eyes.
"I see the princess has awaken.", his voice is husky and deep, causing my heart to skip a beat in surprise and nervousness.
I am not quite sure what the best thing I could say or do right now is, but I definitely know one thing - that I need to show him who the boss is.
I quickly jump up, causing him to step a few steps back. Once I get on my feet, I walk up to him, my face full of rage and frustration.
"Tell me where we are, or I will make sure you stay in jail for a life time!", I yell at him, but that only causes him to chuckle in amusement.
I can see behind his mask that he isn't taking me seriously, which only angers me more.
"Stop laughing! The police has many reasons to put you behind bars! Firstly, you stole MY letter. Then, you blackmailed me into meeting you at the beach, and now, you even kidnapped me!", I step closer and closer, burying my finger into his chest.
Okay, to be fair - the blackmailing thing is not true, it was my decision to meet him, but my goal is to scare the hell out of him and make him realize that he needs to let me go immediately.
Yet, he doesn't say anything. He only stares down on me, his lips curled up in a small smirk. Suddenly, he steps closer as well, making me immediately back away. He steps closer again, and again, until I sit down on the bed. My eyes widen and I make a "X" with my arms as a protection shield. My widened eyes stare at him in uneasiness. He bends down on my eye level, leaning in by placing his hands besides my hips on the bed and trapping me with a smirk never leaving his face.
"I won't cause you any harm. At least not on purpose.", his smirk grows wider as his dark eyes wander over the details of my face, lingering on my lips for the longest.
My heart is racing like crazy because of many factors right now. The main factor being the fact that I don't understand what the heck is happening right now. He seems to notice my confusion and anxiety as his lips form a neutral line. He clears his throat, pulling his arms away and straightening his posture as he looks down on me.
"You have lived in the darkness for too long. If you allow me, I want to be your guider. But that requires trust.", he extends his hand, looking directly into my eyes.
My lips part slightly, the moonlight reflecting in his eyes almost being enough for me to give in. Good thing I am the daughter of a woman who taught me that good-looking men are dangerous.
"Trust?! And why should I trust my kidnapper?", I narrow my eyebrows, showing him challengingly my stubborn side to see how he'll handle it.
He chuckles slightly, taking my hand gently and pulling me to my feet. He leans in and whispers into my ear.
"If I wanted to, and believe me, I highly did, I would have put on that dress of yours on your beautiful body myself. Yet, I called one of our maids."
My body tenses up, making my cheeks turn red and my breath hitch. He pulls away, chuckling as he looks down on me.
"I'm just joking, princess. Now, be a good girl and let me explain a few things to you before we celebrate my birthday."
With that, his hand, which never left mine, makes a soft squeeze as leads me out of the dark bedroom.

————————————————————————
~1170 words ❣️

✨hello✨

that was a spicy chapter today, hehe... the next one will definitely explain a lot of things, so be prepared for the tea... 🍵

a big thank u to everyone reading this story! it makes me genuinely happy to see people enjoying my content!! :')🩷

stay healthy and safe!
~ur author 💌