{3} don't run, princess 🌊

Authorial narrator

„It's her, for fuck's sake!"

A low growl echoes through the impressive dining hall. The hard slam of a fist is enough to scare the hell out of every normal human being.
"There's no need to yell, Solon...", Shion rises up his index finger and smiles nervously, regretting that he spoke up immediately.
"Calm down, now.", Jakah says firmly, crossing his arms and showing the personality of a true leader.
"I didn't mean to offend you, Solon, really. But how is it po-", Jion gets cut off by a determined and irritated Solon.
"I'm not delusional, neither do I hallucinate. I saw her. I saw Luna.", he speaks stonily, his dark eyes narrowing his skeptical opponent.
"How can you be sure it was her?", a cold voice says, coming behind a leather chair.
"Heli...", a confused and usually not very talkative Noa whispers, watching their oldest brother slowly turn around.
The brothers exchange worried looks, except for one.
"I have the sharpest eyes of all of us. My eyes never lie, especially when they land on someone like Luna.", Solon steps closer to Heli, looking down on him with all the seriousness an expression could possibly hold.
Heli chuckles sarcastically.
"Okay... let's say you really saw Luna. How could she possibly help us? Sooha and her haven't spoken in years. Goddamnit, she doesn't even know why she left."

There was a moment of silence. Solon's and Heli's exchanging stares were unreadable for the other brothers. It was a rare moment of communication only the two of them could understand.
"You fucking did not, Solon. You better have not.", Heli says with a stern voice, his looks able to kill.
Solon keeps quiet, just staring back at Heli.
"What are you-", Jion gets gut off again, but this time by an attack from Heli.
"HAVE YOU LOST IT?!", he yells, his fangs growing sharp as he jumps off his chair, ready to scratch Solon's eyes out.
Jaan holds him back by wrapping his muscular arms around him.
"Calm down!", Joan yells, taking the role of the second oldest seriously.
"I invited Luna to my birthday.", Solon shrugs, making everyone's jaw drop and an angry Heli even angrier.
"W-what?! But you know humans are not allowed to visit Decelis!", Shion calls out in worry as he watches Solon leave without another word.
It is his typical way, putting a dot on a situation by pushing everyone who disagrees with him away.
"SOLON! COME FUCKING BACK!", Heli yells, his eyes turning red from anger.
Shion sighes deeply, looking all small as he just watches his older brother doing it his way once again.

...

Luna's P.O.V.

"Wait for me, you little potatoe!"

I giggle as I run along the coast, extending my arms and closing my eyes to feel the wind waving my hair back. It's a sunny day, so my skin gets all the sun-kisses it deserves after a long, endless school day. Sooha runs behind me, laughing as much as I do since she is too slow to catch me. My heart is beating in a hard and quick space, making my soul feel alive.
"Luna?! Luna... wait! LUNA!", Sooha shouts loudly, but I just turn my head back and laugh at her.
As I see her worried face, realization starts to hit me.
"Luna! LUNA!", she screams, extending her arms as she tries to stop me, but as I turn my head back to the front, it's too late.
My body bumps against something hard, making my whole world spin around in one quick motion. Reflexively, I squeeze my eyelids together, biting my lower lip hard as I accept my faith - getting soaked by the hitting coast waves.
But fate has other plans for me.
I hold my breath for a good moment, not being able to move. My arms are pressed together as my cheeks are puffy from the air in my mouth. Very slowly, I open my eyes and start to scan the blurry figure in front of me. My body starts to react to the unknown, yet comfortable touch of somebody. Two manly arms are wrapped around me, holding me in a warm embrace. As I look up, I can't see his face as the sun streams behind his head, blocking my vision. A soft, deep chuckle sends chills down my spines.
"Don't run, princess. Next time, I won't catch you."

...
...
...

"Wakey, wakey. Sunshine, it's time to wake up~"
Slowly, I'm getting conscious again. I open my eyes, seeing a smiley face with freckles. As I get my vision back by rubbing my eyes, excitement pulls me out of my sleepy state.
"FELIX!", I jump up, immediately hugging the blonde, shiny boy I'm able to call the best step brother in the world.
"Luna, took you long enough to wake up!", he chuckles, rubbing my back soothingly as his voice is inhumanly deep as always.
"How come you are back already? I thought you wouldn't come back before summertime?", I pull myself out of his arms, looking at him with an expecting smile.
"Australia can get boring from time to time, you know? And I missed you and mom.", he chuckles again, raising his eyebrow teasingly.
"Really? Okay, if you say so... They seem to be chill about vacations.", I laugh and nudge his arm, making his smile go wider.
"You will be surprised, sister.", he says in the most Australian accent ever.
I chuckle and roll off the bed, stretching my arms as a soft growl escapes my lips. Felix's gaze shifts towards my drawer, his smile fading away slightly, but not at a considerate rate.
"I saw that you got an invitation to a party?", he rises an eyebrow and looks up at me as he still leans on my bed by supporting himself with his elbows.
Since I'm a very expressive person (which I'm not always proud about), my eyes widen in surprise and my emotional state turns into the super-nervous-Luna-mode. I laugh it off quickly, turning away to look out off the window, which is covered by curtains and slight sun streams.
"Oh, that? No, it's just an advertisement for a new perfume. I think they wanted to add a mysterious vibe to it with this note.", my arms push the curtains aside, allowing me to enjoy the peaceful sight of the neighborhood and garden I grew up in.
"Advertisement? But they send it directly to you.", he chuckles, looking at me suspiciously as he doesn't believe me at all.
He knows me to well.

As I turn around to sit on the window sill and look at him, I notice something. Something in his expression. It's... different. There is this spark of an immense feeling which I can't really put into order. Maybe he is worried? Serious?
Angry?
"O-oh, yeah... I recently subscribed to the new teens magazine and now I receive a lot of little gifts from their sponsors. What a scam!", I joke, trying to light up the mood a little and appear unbothered, at which I miserably failed.
Instead of pointing out that I'm visibly lying, Felix laughs softly and looks away, to my surprise I must say. Usually he would tease me until he got the truth out of me. He probably noticed that I noticed his strange behavior and decided to play along in order to make the situation less awkward.
"Yeah, that's indeed a scam then. Well... mom made waffles, so you don't have to eat those silly Eggos today.", he giggles, his usual sunshine energy radiating again, making me laugh in relief.
"Hey, Eggos are amazing! But it's true - mom's baking skills are the best.", I grin, getting up and heading out off my room with him.
"Average, Luna. Eggos are average."

—————————————————————————
~1250 words ☀️

Heyyylooo!!

I noticed that there are a few reads on my story & just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is reading this series!! ☺️ It literally makes me so happy to see that people are actually interested in my work, so a big thank you to you guys!

I had a tough week behind me and I am currently sick, but writing on this story helps me relax a little and get my mind off school...

Hope everyone out there feels well, stay healthy!!

See ya soon,
your author 🫶🏻