{4} middle of the night 🌙

"What the heck does that even mean?", I fake cry, making Felix chuckle and take the novel out of my hands.
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, is still aware of virtue's ways.", he reads out loud in his Australian accent, making me even more confused.
"Why do they make us read Goethe? This man lived in the 18th century for a reason...", I pout, laying over the sofa and turning on ABBA on my amazing vinyl record.
For the record: I got it on my 17th birthday, hehe.
"I guess they want you to learn how to express yourself the exquisite way. Someone who is aware of his way of expression is powerful.", he smirks teasingly, closing the book with one hand and throwing it on the table as he leans his legs on it like a bratty kid.
"Okay, Shakespeare.", I harshly pull on the masterpiece under his feet, making him whine in pain as I open it again and continue to fill my brain with dead words.
Felix watches me in disbelief, chuckling and shaking his head as he shifts his gaze back to the TV. There is a moment of silence before he decides to change the playful mood.
"Mom is working a lot, right? You are often alone.", he claims, his eyes never leaving the screen which currently displays Ghostbusters.
My lips slightly part at his remark, making me slowly pay more attention to his expression which remains neutral.
"Yes, but-"
"Come with me."

My eyes widen in surprise, letting his words sink in. His eyes dart towards me, holding an emotion which I would describe as a mix of empathy and worry. How the director of an orphanage would look at an orphan.
"I know you have already signed up for college, but your grades are remarkable. You could get a scholarship for every literature academy in Australia any moment you want, and you know that.", he moves closer, looking at me like he wants to convince me at any cost.
"But, Felix-", I get cut off as he leans in even closer, keeping a dangerously small distance between our faces.
"Luna...", he says with his deepest voice, talking to me in a way he has never before.
His expression is unreadable, strange if to define.
As his eyes burry deep into my soul, I want to move back, but his eyes have such a hypnotic effect on me. They look so different. They are kinda...
red.
"I'm home, sweetie!", my mom suddenly yells, making him move back immediately and scratch his neck nervously.
His whole demeanor changes from dark and mysterious to shiny and nervous.
"Hey, mom...", he gets up from the sofa, making his way to the anteroom, his head popping up from the edge of the wall, making her gasp in surprise.
"Felix?! You are back!", she drops her handbag, extending her arms and showering him with love like a real mother, which is considerable as Felix is in fact not her biological son.
"How come you are back?! Wait, are you hungry? You must be tired...", she starts to throw a million questions at him, a known mom- thing when Felix visits us.
I take the opportunity to leave, needing a good moment to take in what just happened. Closing the door behind me, I lean against it and roll down on the floor, taking a deep breath.
"What the heck was wrong with him?", is the first thing that crosses my mind.
As a professional over-thinker, this is something I can't just let slid past me.
"He is my step-brother. I know him like an open book. But then... how come he... is acting so different? He would never want me to leave mom alone, especially after we lost dad. Why would he-"
My thoughts get pushed aside as I startle at a loud bang coming from my window. I quickly get on my feet, running up to where the sound came from. I push my curtains to the side, immediately noticing the rock on my window sill. I open up the window, a cold wind blowing into the room as I take the heavy object in my hand and close the window quickly. I look down on the familiar aesthetics of the letter, my eyes widening as I notice a small, black note. The letters look handwritten this time.

💌:
————————————————————————
"Tonight at midnight. Location: Where we first met, princess."
——————————————————————

The letter drops to the ground.
Princess? That's impossible.

I quickly bend down, placing the paper on my thigh as I rub my eyes and read the letters over and over again.
"Calm down, Luna... This is probably just a stupid coincidence. Dreams are dreams...", I try to calm myself down, massaging my head bones as I close my eyes for a moment.
"Think logical... who could have possibly send this to you? You don't have any friends, so-", I stop my thought process as my eyes widen.

The stranger on the beach. The birthday party invitation.

I quickly get on my feet, running to my desk and pushing my stuff aside to grab the envelope. As I compare the two letters, there is one, crucial commonality.
"D"

"Maybe the letter stands for the first initial of the stranger's name? But who could it be... Professor Daniel? Ugh...", I shiver and startle in disgust, the thought of my previous English teacher stalking me creeping the hell out of me.
My eyes wander down to the note again, a big sigh escaping my lips as I pout and rub my head thoughtfully.
"Am I crazy enough to go to this party? I don't even know this person. But... what if...", my eyes get teary, time almost stopping as my thoughts land on Sooha once again.

Maybe this person invited me because they know where Sooha is? But again - how could they know about my connection with her? It's impossible, right?
"No, don't be stupid, Luna!", I speak to myself, stubbornly crossing my arms and sitting down on my bed, having a conflict with myself.
"But, what if...", I mumble, still not determined enough to decide what to do next.
Have I mentioned that I hate making hard decisions?
"I'm not doing this, it's too dangerous!", I lay down on my bed, starring at my ABBA poster thoughtfully.
I sigh in annoyance, fetching a vogue magazine from my mom and admiring the newest trends forcefully. It takes me good 30 seconds until I throw it away and get on my feet, putting a jacket over and sneaking out off my window.

————————————————————————
~1060 words ✨

Hello!! :)) How are you?

We are definitely getting closer to Luna's first encounter with the boys.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter...If you did, I would feel really happy if you leave a star!
It would be like an affirmation for me that you enjoy reading this story and motivate me to continue writing it!

With that being said - hope you have a nice day!
Your author 🧸 ☕️