★: 12

Third person
Pov

       “Hey Yunnie. You look extra aesthetic today.”

The moment Jiyun slipped out of the door, she was greeted by Hwang's loud voice. The taller waved at her frantically, his lips stretched into a bright grin.  He looked very enraptured to see her and that made Jiyun smile a bit. The black haired quickly sauntered over to where Hyunjin stood, ruffling his neatly brushed hair.

“Hi Jinnie,” She cooed, stretching to match up with his height.

“Hey, watch the hair, lady!” Hyunjin always preferred his hair stay brushed without random strands sticking out. Jiyun shouldered her bag properly, ignoring his rant about how he spent the whole morning brushing his hair.

She wasn't worried about her aunt spotting her with a boy, rather she was more concerned about her other best friend's well being. “How's Minho?”

Hyunjin paused, mentally debating if he should be honest with Jiyun or not. Maybe he shouldn't disclose that Minho was only pretending, that would stir up something from the older. “Um. . .” he needed to think fast. The paused was already making the atmosphere awkward.

“Oh my God, don't tell me he was mean to you?” Jiyun caught onto Hyunjin's wavering and prodded. It wouldn't surprise her if he did, rather she would be upset about it.

Hyunjin didn't want to throw the older under the bus like that. In some way, part of the cause of them arguing was his fault, he was the one who triggered Minho. “You know Hyung-” The Raven haired tried shrugging off the topic. “-He wasn't entirely nice-”

Jiyun pouted. “You guys argued, didn't you?” she knew Hyunjin and his body languages all too well. She could read how he twiddled his finger and craned his neck, deducing that he was hiding something. “Don't lie to me, Hwang!”

“We kinda did-” Hyunjin bit his plump bottom lip. “But it wasn't that serious and it was my fault, I was upsetting him.” he thought taking the blame would ease Jiyun a bit, but that wasn't the case.

The smaller sighed, randomly kicking the air. “It's just. . . I don't like seeing you guys like this and I feel really bad because I know its my fault.”

The ravenette stopped walking abruptly, her gaze pinned on the concrete pavement. She couldn't help but blame herself and just the thought alone clouded her in guilt. Maybe it would be better of she stopped talking to both of them. She was the main reason for their dispute anyways. Her aunt was right, she's just a diseased creature feasting on peoples' happiness.

Jiyun flinched when she felt Hyunjin's cold hand grab hers, their fingers slowly intertwining. His hand was soft and brought her some sort of comfort. The ebonite slowly rose her head, locking eyes with the taller, who tittered mellifluously. “Hey, don't say that!”

“Am I not allowed to say the truth anymore?” Jiyun blinked back her tears, frown at Hyunjin.

“Okay, I'll tell you what, hm?” The taller started walking again, pulling Jiyun with him, squeezing her hand every now and then. “Next time I see Minho, I'll make an effort to talk to him. Does that seem nice?”

“That's what you said last time.”

“But this time I'm serious, just for you, Yunnie!”

Just for her? Hyunjin's comment made  Jiyun feel mushy, her cheeks burning pink. The black haired smiled, pressing out through her flustered state. “Okay, I'll pretend that I believe you.”

Hyunjin pouted. “Have some faith, brah!”

---------------• ° -❤- ° •---------------

Last chapter's answer; Chickens

Today on trivia; the thermometer was invented by who?

Anyways hi, how are you?
As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks
Cya💚