★: 05

Chapter's goal
5 comments
5 votes 🙏

▪ Third person pov

       “A cute guy came looking for you today.”

Jiyun seemed totally unfazed by this. Well, that was on the outside, internally the ravenette was a shuddering mess. Her aunt sounded really calm and sane and that could mean two things; she wasn't intoxicated and didn't take offense with Minho being here and two; she was very mad and was going to throw a fit. Jiyun wished so dearly that it was the first one.

“Minho, am I right? He was really sweet and asked of your well being. Did something happen to you?”

“Not really, just a slight headache but I'm fine now.”

Ahra waved her hand dismissively, indicating that Jiyun could leave. The girl heaved out a sigh of relieve, it was rare that her aunt let her go without trouble. She quickly got to her room, showered, changed and ran off to work, all the while praying her aunt wasn't going to change her mood.

“Aunt Ahra, I'm off to work,” Jiyun yelled as it was customary to inform one before leaving the home.

Her trashed up aunt groggily walked up to her, grabbing her hand with force, she tugged Jiyun closer to her, inducing fright within her. She pulled her hair, gazing at the younger's neck and then hummed. “Doesn't he kiss you?” Ahra prodded, still inspecting her body.

“Huh? Who would?” Perplexed, Jiyun mused. Her aunt's rarely spoke sense but this was a whole new level of outrageousness.

“Don't play dumb you stupid thing!” Ahra seethed, grabbing her chin, forcing the shorter to look up at her. “I know you aren't really going to work, you wanna go out with your cute little boyfriend, right? And do all filthy things, right?”

Jiyun pulled away from her grasp, scrawling. “Minho and I are classmates. I don't have a boyfriend!”

“Oh right, ” Ahra laughed mockingly. “No one would want your pathetic ass, you're as worthless as your mother, and useless too. Diseased creatures feasting on peoples' happiness until you finally kill them. When do you plan on killing me too? Or are you gonna fucking die first?”

“My shift is... I gotta go,” Jiyun swallowed the painful lump in her throat. Her hands and lips quivering. Her aunt says all sort of mean things to her, its normal, but lately she's more sensitive than usual. As she got further away from the sad trap she called a home, she could still hear the always drunk Ahra curse her out.

Its not fair, life isn't fair. She wanted to be eighteen so bad so she could legally move out. She couldn't run away, Ahra had threatened to impale her legs if she ever got caught. Where would she go? The police would track her down and return her to Ahra.

Jiyun kept reminding herself that her birthday is just seven months away, she has survived eight years living like this, its not that hard, what could go wrong within these few remaining months?

A small smile managed to tug on her lips as she tried thinking positive, she wiped away her tears, now staring at the seven-eleven that had finally came in sight.

Its always nice to dream.

-------------• ° -💚- ° •-------------

Quarter asleep
Quarter dead
Quarter headache
Quarter what the fuck is life?

Anyways hi, how are you?
As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks
Cya💜