Subject 12: A Red Piece Entered the Match

I've never thought myself as either a 'good person' or a 'bad person. I like to think that I've become my 'honest me', just like my mother wanted.

I had a comfortable life throughout my elementary and middle school. I had a plentiful amount of friends, boys and girls alike.

I found sports rather difficult but I've put in as much effort into it as I did my studies. By the time I was a 3rd-year in middle school, I was even able to gain the title of president that I had longed for.

I was even offered a spot at a private high school on a scholarship.

A fun school life.

A happy private life.

It should've stayed that way.

Yet interested by what this school could offer. I couldn't help myself to sink inside its system.

Still, I need to impressed both of them.

I need to bring back the smiles from both of them.

Who, you may ask? There's nothing important really.

All of that were just unfounded reasons really.

My trembling fingers.

My trembling body.

I recalled to the moment back in the cruise ship. The news of Karuizawa being hanged by one of the students.

From that moment I knew, I couldn't let that student get to me.

I need to stand up for myself.

If I want to at least survive, if I want to at least not let my neck got inside that noose.

I need to put in every effort in trying to climb my own class to do so.

***

Waiting upon the school's hall way. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is busily scrolling his phone. Probably looking for something important before an individual walks up to him.

"That took a while, Arisu-san." He exclaimed. His stoic face stays the same before this individual answered.

"Is it though? It's not like you waited that long." The girl named Sakayanagi Arisu retorted.

It was a calm evening by then. Ayanokouji supposed to have a meeting with the rest of the D Class high ups to decide upon the Shuffle Paper exam but it seems this meeting is much more important for him.

"Have you discovered something, Arisu-san?" Ayanokouji inquired. His expression stayed the same to which Sakayanagi replied with a confident smile.

"There's something that I wanted to discuss with you, Kiyo-kun."

"What is it?"

"I've found something rather interesting about Ryuuen-kun, you know?" Sakayanagi continued with her words. Now strolling the hall way of the school in a leisurely manner.

"Then, what is it?" Ayanokouji repeated his question once again. The two keep exchanging this type of conversation for at least 15 minutes. And Sakayanagi seems to try to distract Ayanokouji from this topic.

After that, 15 minutes has passed. Giving up, Sakayanagi answered 'truthfully'. Or more like a question rather than a statement.

"Which class do you wanted to target, Kiyo-kun?" She asked. An upbeat and wicked tone leaked out from her voice.

"What do you want to say here?" Ayanokouji asked back the appropriate question. After a short ponder, she answered.

"I would just like to ask you, that's all. You don't need to really tell me. Though it'll be appreciated."