Subject 1: The First Pawn Move

It was late spring, where the petal of the Sakura trees breeze the weather, stepping into the bus my mind is occupied with the new school. Boasting 100% employment and college rate, not that I care about those things, but at least it makes a good bonus.

The door of a bus closes before it started to transport the people inside it, including me to the nearest bus stops. Closing my eyes to not let the environment turn my thoughts into a jumble of mess, I started to think once again.

An argument seems to form in front of me, yet I was too occupied in my mind to even given a single attention to it. The voice of a girl and a boy arguing? Why does this kind of situation feels, familiar?

A paper was turned beside me, it is probably a girl that was turning it. At least the height of 155-160 cm. The hand turning the page is too smooth and elegant for it to be a boy.

'Why would I ponder about a girl turning the pages of a small notebook?' I pondered.

'Looks like my cautiouness from when I was inside the White Room didn't leave me.'

I opened my eyes, to see an argument between a boy and girl once again. Looks like they were fighting over a seat for the old woman.

"Excuse me! Would any of you be willing to give up your seat?"

The girl ask with a concerned expression.

Gazing towards the girl, I inspect her posture, her facial expression, her tone of voice. Analyzing every of her feature

'She's trouble.' My mind pondered once again, glancing towards the window.

At the surface, looks like she wanted to help the old woman to get her seat, but that persistency even after the old woman proclaim that it's fine for her to just stand up. That girl has thirst to portray herself as someone good.

In other words, she's manipulating the situation around her, making use of the old woman's pinnacle and hardship for her own advantageous.

'Looks like I just need to pretend that I'm on her influence once we're at the school.'

Time passes, as the old woman already gotten a sit just because another woman volunteered her sit to her.

With a glance, I looked at the individual who keep turning the pages of their notebook. It is a girl, my suspicion were correct. Peaked by what she's reading, I look at the metallic reflection of the bus on top of her, acting as a mirror.

'A diary?'

Still having my standards over girls, I close my eyes once again, pondering about the information I take from the girl beside me.

'That one is having some brother issues. From the diary, her way of reading and posture. I don't know what she went through but I suppose I could use her if I gain her affection or trust in the future.'

With one more person to investigate, my gaze shifted once again this time to the boy that refuse to give up his sit when the girl asked him to give it to the old woman.

The blonde boy, now sitting with his eyes close and a smile of satisfaction shines from his face, now opening his eyes and noticed my gaze before smiling back with some narcissism from it.

Seeing this attitude my eyes shifted to the window outside, not giving a single thought about the blonde boy as I realize I might overthink for the part of my life that I could use to distant myself from the White Room with.

A single petal then flown inside the bus from the Sakura trees. This bus drive seems like forever before that single petal reminded me of something from the past. Why would this single petal trigger something from inside there?