Subject 9: Redemption From the Black King

"All warfare begins with deception." It was a quote from a general back in the ancient times. Shall I say that the quote itself fascinates me.

"What's with that, Ayanokouji-kun?" Horikita asked me. It was at rest time. We sat below the tent strategizing about what we should do to counter C Class. We're fortunate enough to not encounter Albert but still, Ryuuen is still the problem.

"There's nothing to it. Don't think about it too much, Horikita-san."

Watching over the scores, it was apparent that Albert disappearance cause a significant difference between our white and their red as we're in the lead on 500 points.

"Horikita-san," I called, breaking the delicate silence, "I think it's time for your cavalry battle."

My words seems to surprise her. Riggidly, she nods blankly, proceeding to then walk to the field. Strange, did she daydream at this kind of time?

Looking down at my watch that I just bought only for today, it was my turn to act as Arisu already gave her signal in the kind of making Albert absent.

Remembering what I should do next, I walked to the C Class tent to see that Arisu was there, debating with Ryuuen. From his face, looks like he's in some kind of trouble.

'What are you doing again, Arisu-san?'

Weirded out by this interaction between the two, thinking that she has throw me under the bus with the plan of sabotaging C Class by doing everything on her own, I walked back to my tent, still confused as ever.

'What am I doing?' I thought to myself, concluding everything that has happened so far after I entered this school.

I was narrowly kicked out of the school because Arisu sent me 20,000,000 points that I still have more or less in my account. She totally out maneuvered my moves back in the Deserted Island Test. Trying to frame me of killing Karuizawa. And lastly become one of her pawn in this sports event that easily got confused after my time to shine got snatched by her.

'Why am I this frustrated about losing? I knew I could get her back, I knew I could counter her someday.'

From every game, every turn of moves that we have, she's always coming on to-

'...'

'...'

'..!'

'What's...wrong with me?' I pondered as I walked under a brightingly shining light.

"Ayanokouji-kun, is something wrong? Your breathing is kinda ragged."

'Is that...This is such a bad timing.'

Turning my eyes back to this person, not realizing that my aura leaking out everywhere, I sighed.

"Nothing, Kushida-san."

"Ahh, I see." She looked at me, slightly concern even if I knew that she was smiling inside. "Could I help you with something?" She added, leaning to see my face better now realizing that my one of my hand covering my face.

Letting my hand off, I tried to think of a reply on top of my head. I don't need to think about Arisu, I just need to think about dealing with this hypocrite for now.

"Do you need some water? You look a little ill."

"Please." I plead coldly.

'Ill? I'm ill?'

I touched my own hand to feel that it is as cold as ice. This is why my mind was in such a jumble since yesterday. In a normal circumstances, I would never ever thinking of taking Arisu's deal that easily.