11 | GET ME SOME POPCORN

𝐑𝐚𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡, the afternoon sun filtering through the branches above, casting shadows on her relaxed form

𝐑𝐚𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡, the afternoon sun filtering through the branches above, casting shadows on her relaxed form. Beside her, a crumpled cardboard box held the remnants of a dozen powdered donuts, their sugary residue clinging to her fingers and staining her lips.

She savored her last donut, shoving the whole thing in her mouth without a hint of shame. She leaned back on the bench, closing her eyes in pure bliss as the sweet treat melted on her tongue. A contented sigh escaped her lips, mingling with the rustle of leaves and distant chatter of passersby. At this moment, all worries melted away.

A break from her fictional reality where she is trapped in...

Suddenly, the peaceful atmosphere shattered like glass as Barry's sudden appearance jolted her out of her reverie. With a startled yelp, powdered sugar flew from Rae's mouth, caught mid-chew by the unexpected.

Barry skidded to a stop in front of Rae, his feet shuffled awkwardly, struggling to find the ground beneath him. His arms flailed momentarily, one hand desperately clutching onto his sunglasses, threatening to tumble off at any moment.

He managed to regain his balance, but the disoriented look on his face remained evident. His eyes darted around in confusion, trying to make sense of his surroundings, while his breath came in short, hurried gasps from the sudden burst of speed.

"Mmmph!" Rae's voice was muffled by the sizable bite of donut still wedged in her mouth, her eyes widening in surprise as she hastily attempted to swallow and regain her composure.

"Did you just run in blind ?!" Rae managed to articulate, her voice tinged with annoyance as she shot Barry a disapproving glare.

"Yeah, so—" Barry began, but Rae interrupted him with a skeptical look, her eyebrows raised in disbelief at his explanation.

"In public? Where people have eyes?" Rae's skepticism was palpable, her tone dripping with sarcasm as she gestured to the bustling park around them.

"No, I ran to the alleyway, then walked to you at normal speed," Barry explained, his words falling on deaf ears as Rae's incredulous expression remained unchanged.

He's lying.

Rae shook her head in exasperation, the powdered sugar on her clothes swirling into the air with her frustrated sigh. "You seriously need to use that superspeed brain of yours more wisely, Speedy," she chided, her tone tinged with annoyance as she eyed him warily.

Barry scratched the back of his head sheepishly, a guilty expression spreading across his features. "I haven't quite tapped into that yet," he admitted

"How many lamp poles did you run into this time Allen?" Rae asked with a knowing look, as if she had already predicted his actions.

Barry's cheeks flushed pink with embarrassment, and he averted his gaze. "I... I don't want to talk about it," he mumbled sheepishly, his voice trailing off as he shuffled his feet awkwardly.