01 | ALLEN

𝑺𝒉*𝒕

𝑺𝒉*𝒕.

Luck was really running out. She should've ate more almonds. Out of everyone it just had to be Rae. Was the disguise not enough? I thought a black cap and sunglasses was everyone's go to disguise. Unbelievable, Barry Allen and his stupid puppy dog eyes can just bugger off.

She's not British, she just likes the expression.

Rae looks up, her eyes guarded. "I prefer to be alone. No offense, but I've got things to do," she says, her voice cool, trying to gently discourage any further interaction.

His friendly smile wavered a bit and turned into a nervous one. He takes a step back, wagging his metaphorical tail. "Ah...sorry. No worries! I totally get itif you ever change your mind, though, I'm here for a chat, or nottotally up to you! Not that you know me it's just yeah cool" he chirps, his energy undeterred.

Rae raises an eyebrow, slightly annoyed and amused by Barry's puppy-like enthusiasm. "Thanks, but I really need my space." she says, a faint smile playing on her lips while playing with her cap to hide her face.

She didn't mean to smile. It's just too hard to not give him some type of amusement. The show wasn't lying when they said he was a dork. Iris had one job and that's to make him cool. Clearly she failed as his pseudo-sisterhold updoesn't he have a crush on her?

Barry's curiosity lingered after all he's seen her around a lot (not because he's a stalker) but he decides not to press further. "Yeah no! That's understandable. Personal space and everything is super yeah, I'm just gonna" he says, acknowledging her need for solitude and walking away, a subtle sense of suspicion lingering in his thoughts.

Rae watches as Barry awkwardly walks away while bumping into tables and one of the waitresses, a mix of confusion and curiosity in his eyes. She can't help but feel a twinge of guilt for making the eager speedster so uneasy. However, the circumstances surrounding her presence in this unfamiliar universe force her to prioritize secrecy.

She took a sip of her coffee, glancing around the coffee shop to ensure no one else seems too interested in her. Rae silently contemplated her predicament, wondering how to navigate this world without disrupting the delicate balance of the timeline.

The speedster was obviously the number one person to avoid but many side characters were trouble too. Caitlin Snow was obvious issue since they work at the same company but working remotely helps the avoidance.

The Wests and Cisco Ramon were not too hard to avoid. Just don't get arrested or get mugged and you'd be fine.

As she works on her laptop , Rae can't shake the feeling that her attempts to remain inconspicuous are becoming increasingly challenging. If f**king Zoom finds her because of Barry