02 | THAT'S SO REAL

𝐎𝐡, 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐞– a task more challenging than memorizing the Speed Force manual

𝐎𝐡, 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐞– a task more challenging than memorizing the Speed Force manual. Armed with an imaginary cape and a latte order ready, he waltzed into the coffee shop like a kid trying to impress his crush with magic tricks.

Barry Allen has a crush everyone! Sound the alarm! Sh*ts about to hit the fan.

Every day was a new episode of "Barry Tries to Connect with Rae."He flung questions into the air like a clumsy juggler, only to see them tumble down, unnoticed and uncaught. Ever the optimist, Barry thought bonding over black coffee would be like finding common ground. But Rae had different plans. She made him sit at another table, as if he'd been sent to the corner for sharing his lunch.

Talk about playing hard to get.

In Barry's attempt to share the highlights of his life, he missed a key detail – Rae had binged-watched "The Flash" so many times she'd lost count. Why bother listening when she knew the plot twists before they even happened? Rae, stuck in a loop of negative thoughts, used her extensive knowledge to keep a safe distance from Barry. Deep down, though, she just wanted to have some fun in this strange world. However, old habits die hard, and she found herself stressing over other people's problems, including timelines and new worlds.

Barry managed to squeeze the information out of Rae about her workplace, and she reluctantly revealed it was Mercury Labs. Eager to show interest, Barry asked if he could visit her at work, but a single glare from Rae shut down that idea. Her eyes were pretty, though – a small silver lining in the cloud of rejected workplace invitations.

Speedy is going a bit too fast with the compliments.

Did he forget that Caitlin worked there? Isn't he still awkward about the whole dead fiancé?

And let's not forget Rae's choice of coffee – black and bitter, just like her soul, or so Barry playfully speculated. Deep down, he dismissed the notion, chalking it up to her needing a pick-me-up to face the day. He offered to help, and Rae responded with hisses – a reaction that made him feel like he'd tried to pet a grumpy, coffee-fueled black cat.

Despite the hisses, the unanswered questions, and the separate tables, Barry clung to the belief that Rae enjoyed his company. His mission? Break down her walls, a task that felt like trying to teach a snail how to speed-read.

So, armed with a cup of bitter coffee and a heart full of dorky determination, Barry Allen continued his whimsical pursuit, one cheesy line and rejected offer of assistance at a time.

(Why is Barry Allen putting in so much effort? What's driving him to be so persistent? It's almost out of character for a fictional character. He's not real, just a creation.Why do his emotions and sincerity feel so genuine? What unseen force is making his pursuit resonate with such depth and heart?)