22- JEEVAN!

Arjun sat outside the ICU for the second time in the same week as the nurse dressed the wounds on his hands and head. He had straightaway refused to leave the spot when approached for first aid.

His hands shook and heart throbbed loudly when he looked down at his shirt. Blood. Blood of his child on his clothes. She had fainted on the spot and doctor had hardly found her pulse.

Kabir and Tanvi came running towards the ICU. Tanvi looked at Kabir and went straight in the the OT while Kabir sat beside Arjun giving him his silent support.aThe news of Sikandar's death had spread like wildfire but the more concerning part were the rumors about the ACP and his daughter.

Kabir fisted his hands as those rumors crossed his mind. For a moment, he had felt scared,almost hysterical over them. But Tanvi was sure that they were nonsense. He was thankful about her woman intuition.

Kabir- "Arjun. Sa--" he was cut off as Arjun hugged him tight and cried his heart out.

Kabir wrapped his arms around him and rubbed soothing circles on his back.

Arjun- "Arni ne kaha tha mujhse ki mai na jau. Usse Darr laga Raha hai. Mai uske saath hi ruk jau par maine uski baat nahi mani. Main chala gaya aur ab..." The tears kept on flowing.

Kabir didn't stop him. He let him cry his heart out. Something that he had not done six years back and a certain little girl had beared the brink of his pent up emotions. 

Arjun- "I am a failure as a husband...as a father. I couldn't protect my kids."

Kabir frowned- "Kids?"

Arjun pulled back and looked at him with red tear stricken eyes- "Ro-Roshni was pregnant."

Kabir was taken aback. He couldn't even imagine his friend's pain. How could his god be so cruel? How could he snatch away such a happiness and leave a lifelong void filled with regret and longing?

A strange fear gripped his heart. Roshni's death had cost six years of her father's presence in Arni's life. Would the loss of an unborn child yet again cost her her father's love?

Kabir- "Arjun. Mai Tera dukh chah ke kabhi nahi samajh paunga. Par tujhe samajhna hoga ki...Arni ko teri zarurat hai. Dobara uske saath..." 

Arjun looked at him hurt. His doubts weren't unwarranted and that was his cross to bear.

Kabir put a comforting hand on his shoulder- "Mera woh matlab nahi tha,Arjun."

Arjun- "It's okay,Kabir. I know I am not the best father and I am not proud of it either. But I am trying...I am trying,Kabir."

Kabir nodded- "That is all you need to do."

Tanvi came out of the ICU along with two other doctors. They were in some deep discussion. Both Arjun and Kabir rushed towards them.

Arjun/Kabir- "Kya hua?"

Tanvi looked at them and nodded with a smile- "Thankfully ghav bohot gehra nahi tha aur knife na nikalne ki wajah se khoon bhi zyada nahi baha. Par uske pehle ke accident se jo ankle aur arm me fractures the, woh over exertion ki wajah se aur badh Gaye hai."

Doctor- "Mai Dr. Goinka se yahi discuss kar raha tha. No crazy detours for atleast a year! Her arm won't be able to endure anymore fractures."

Arjun nodded seriously. He'll lock her in her room if he needs to but he won't bear a single scratch on her for the rest of her life. Not after this torturous week.

Arjun- "Can I meet her?"

Doctor- "In a few hours."

Arjun nodded.