6- The Confrontation

Arnika was sitting on the bed talking softly to Kashvi and Kavin. She smiled at something Kavin said but the smile dimmed in a flash as the familiar ache in her heart let itself be known. Kashvi and Kavin gave each-other a knowing look. They have been trying to cheer her up since quite some time now.

When Kabir had brought her home, she looked miserable. Though there were no traces of tears on her face or eyes but the redness of her eyes and nose recited a completely different tale. However what tugged at each one of their heartstrings was the sadness in her demeanour. The usual chirpy girl looked lost and distant. 

Since past 1 hour, Kavin and Kashvi were trying to bring out the lost smile on her face but all they got was a nod or a forced smile. The door to the bedroom opened and Tanvi entered the room, followed closely by Arjun.

Arnika stiffened in his presence and looked away. She had assumed that he'll possibly not even notice her absence from the house. This this came more as a shock for her.

Tanu walked towards Arni and kissed her forehead. "Talk to him." she said gently. "Chalo baccho. Homework kar lo." she said to the twins and let them out.

Arjun stood at the door for a while hoping that Arni would atleast acknowledge his presence by looking at him but no such luck. With a defeated sigh, he walked towards her and sat down on the stool near the bed.

Arjun tried- "Arnika."

Arnika stalled for a while but then looked directly in his eyes.

Arjun- "About last night...I am sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you."

Tears rushed to her eyes. She looked away. Her father wasn't even apologising for the right reason. This showed that he had absolutely no regard about how hurt she was by his behaviour and that again hurt her.

Arjun- "Look at me, Arnika. We need to leave now."

Arnika looked at him angrily and was about to say something when the world around her started spinning madly. She tried to sit up straight but ended up falling unconscious in Arjun's arms, scaring the hell out of him.
__________________________________
Miles away

A man sat in a dark room surrounded by an air of atrocity and mala fide. He looked at the picture in his hand.

Another man came running towards him and put the cigarette in his mouth. He lighted up the cigarette.

"Ye bacchi kon hai, Bhai?" he asked.

The man smirked and held out his hand for the lighter. He brought it near the picture and looked on as the photo reduced to ashes.

"Arnika Arjun Rawte. 6 saal pehle toh bach gayi. Par iss baar nahi bachegi. Bohot jaldi aa Raha hu Mumbai. Tujhe Teri uss bewakoof maa ke paas pahucha dunga iss baar." he said viciously and laughed.

6 years back, he had only partially completed his mission. Now, after 6 years he would put a  final, conclusive stamp on his mission. His mission to destroy Arjun Suryakant Rawte.
__________________________________

Tanvi checked on Arnika as Arjun and Kabir gave her a restless look.

Arjun's heart dropped when he saw Arni fainting like that. He realised with a start that he could not imagine his life without Arni.

Kabir- "Kya hua Tanu? Arni thik toh hai na."

Tanvi nodded. "She is fine. Arjun Bhai, isne subah se kuch bhi khaya hai?"

Arjun thought for a while. He had left home early. He had absolutely no idea whether or not she had eaten. And now that he thought about it, his guilt increased ten folds. What kind of father was he if he didn't know whether or not his child has eaten?